Chapter 15: Mission

"So? How was it? I ask Jisoo who just came out from a telephone booth. "Any words from your brother?"

Jisoo sags. She looks at me with her sad and worried expression. I suddenly feel sorry for her. What kind of a brother does she have anyway? If it was me, i would've burn the whole country by now just to find her.

"I can't reach him." Jisoo shakes her head. "I'm worried."

"It'll be fine." I tell her.

The last thing i want from Jisoo is for her to lose focus during our mission. She'll end up getting hurt if she doesn't concentrate.

"I'm sure he's okay." I add. "It's not like he's the one who'll have to face a group of bestowed later."

Jisoo cracks a smile. "You have a point. Do you think the rogues are somewhere nearby?"

We're now currently outside the Den for our mission. We were sent to investigate the rogues who are currently on the loose. Before we left, General Park had graciously lent us a unit to assist us. I divided and sent them into their positions to secure the place where the sightings of the said rogues were last seen.

"I don't know. Our men haven't reported anything suspicious yet."

"In any case i have to talk to Se7en-oppa." Jisoo suddenly grabs my hands. That makes me surprised. "Will you help me?"

Who is this Se7en-oppa she's talking about anyway? If he's not her brother, could he be her lover? I scowl by the idea.

"Please, i need to warn him about the danger."

I shake my head. "We can't do that. Any direct contact with a civilian is prohibited."

"Then, are you just going to let these people to be put in danger?" Jisoo glares.

"It's not our job. We were sent here to eliminate the threath." I tell her. "Let the government handle the evacuation of the civilians."

Jisoo gapes at me. She glares at me one last and decides to leave. I grab a hold of her left arm and pull her back.

"Yah, Kim Jisoo!"

"Let me go!" Jisoo breaks free. "If you're not going to do it then i will."

"Don't be unreasonable!" I shout at her and i see her flinch. "Do you really think the organization will let you expose yourself and the rest of us to the public? If i don't stop you here, someone else will."

Jisoo is in the verge of tears now. Ugh! Nice going Kim Jiwon.

"Look, the Den works under the government and i'm sure the higher-ups won't let anything happen to their own people." I try to smile. "And besides, the rogues might get suspiscious if they found the place empty. Then our effort would be put to nothing."

"But i need to at least talk to Se7en-oppa." Jisoo insists. "He's the manager of the cafe i'm working at. I'm sure he's worried about me. I need to tell him that i'm okay."

"I already told you, bestowed like us can't have a di--"

Then we hear explosions. The ground shakes and i have to hold Jisoo to keep her from falling. We turn and see the establishment near the cafe burning.

"Oppa!" Jisoo runs.

"Jisoo!" I call out. "Fuck!"

I follow Jisoo. I see her in an abandoned alley.

"Yah! Kim Jisoo!" I approach her and see her shocked expression. "What's wrong?"

I turn and see the dead bodies of our own men. They're dead alright but there's not a hint of blood on them. They're clean but there's one thing that bothers me though. All their faces are contorted. I scowl.