Chapter 39: Responsibility

"Hyung!" I run after Jongsuk-hyung who is walking a little bit faster than necessary.

We are all still wearing our cloaks and just came in from our mission of transferring Dara-ssi back to the Den and it just so happened that it was Commander Tukutz who came for her.

"Hyung!" I finally able to catch up and grab his arm, forcing him to face me. "That was Commander Tukutz that came earlier wasn't it?"

Jongsuk-hyung finally looks back at me. He looks restless but he nods to answer my question.

"Aren't you wondering where your Commander goes everytime he isn't around?" Hyung asks. "Tukutz has always been one of us."

I'm taken aback. No wonder we couldn't see him around in the Headquarters. He always had this excuse of looking for children like us but in truth, he's been aiding the Keepers of their campaign of protecting Bestowed like me.

"Tukutz, Seungri, CL and Doctor Park Bom." Hyung mentions these familiar names and i start to scowl. "They were the ones who helped Dara on her escape."

My eyes widen. Why am i just hearing this now? And what else is Hyung still keeping from me? Just the other night, i found out that Jisoo had escaped from the Den and went to Mino to struck a bargain. And that very same night, i saw Jisoo fighting her way to fulfill her end of the bargain and it just broke my heart. I found out that she's doing all of these for me. She even went to the extent of betraying Bobby and the others just to find me.

I was surprised when Jongsuk-hyung, Inna-ssi and a high-ranking Keeper officer, Gang Dongwon brought me in one of the YG Facilities. They said, they're going to meet someone there to talk about the transfer. It just so happened that the enemies chose that same night to attack. I was tempted to help especially when i saw Bobby fighting Jisoo. I couldn't take the thought of my bestfriend hurting the woman i love but i was stopped by Jongsuk-hyung, dragging me away from tha place and telling me that it was not the right time.

"Hyung!" I suddenly have this urge to scream.

You can't blame me. I'm frustrated and confused at the same time.

"Kim Hanbin-ssi!" Inna-ssi looks incredulous but Jongsuk-hyung stops her, saying that it was okay.

"What else are you keeping from me?" I glare at him. "The other night, i just saw Jisoo with them! The very same people who tried to kill me and my friends! Just what the hell is going on?"

Jongsuk-hyung sighs.

"You already told me the plan! You said that all we need to do to keep Jisoo alive is to keep her away from the Den." I start. "You said that if i disappear, she would start looking for me and would eventually lead her here but why is it that she's now with those--"

I bite my lip. I can feel my whole body shaking. My breath is starting to get shallow now. I feel like screaming.

"Kim Hanbin-ssi." Jongsuk-hyung tries to approach me but i hold out my hand, stopping him.

I see Jongsuk-hyung grimace. I can tell by the way he's looking at me that he really feels bad about lying to me.

"I know you have so many questions right now but..." Hyung pats my shoulder and squeezes it. "Now is not the right time. Just believe in me when i say that Dara already figured out everything. She already saw everything we need to know in order to save Jisoo. She also saw you in one of her dreams you know and thanks to her that you are still alive, here with us."

"How... Why--"

I pause when i suddenly remember something. Was it Doctor Park Bom who gave me that paper containing the information of someone that might help me with Jisoo's case?