Chapter 44: Sacrifice

I puff a sigh, looking at the guy lying beside me. I frown when i can't seem to wake him up from his deep slumber.

"Hey! Wake up!" I keep shaking Chanwoo. "I said wake up!"

I finally slap Chanwoo across his face and i hear him groan. He stirs and finally opens his eyes.

"Thank god!" I exclaim.

"Lisa?" He asks, squinting.

I help him sit up. Chanwoo shakes his head, trying to send the grogginess away. He looks around, scowling. He's trying to remember something.

"What happened?" He finally asks me.

I sigh. "You were knocked out by the enemy rogue."

Chanwoo's eyes widen. "That's right! The rogue!"

Chanwoo quickly gets up and scans our surrounding.

"Where is he?" Chanwoo then turns towards me, remembering something. "And you! Are you okay? Did he do something to you? Did he hurt you?"

I roll my eyes. "I'm fine."

Chanwoo looks confused. "Then what happened to that guy?"

"He just left." I tell him.

"He left?" Chanwoo asks, looking confused as ever.

I nod. "After knocking you out, the Rogue decided to let me go and left. I can't exactly go after him and just leave you behind."

Chanwoo scratches the back of his neck, looking sorry and embarrased. "Sorry about that and thanks."

I try to smile. "Nah. I should be the one to say that. Thank you for trying to save me back there."

Chanwoo smiles back. "Well, it didn't turn out exactly as i expected but yeah, don't mention it. We're all friends here right?"

"Aww~" i reach out to ruffle his hair. "You're a good kid Chanwoo-ah."

"Yah." He warns.

"Hold on." I pout. "Why aren't you calling me noona when it's clear that i'm a year older than you? Rosé and i have the same age but you call him noona."

Suddenly we hear these alarms blaring. We look down nervously when we feel the earth beneath us shaking. The whole place is now clad in a flashing red light.

*****

"What the hell?" I hear Junhue behind me. "What is it now?"

We're still in the middle of our fight with the Sniff when this sound suddenly interrupts us. The Sniff looks down at his watch.

"Shit!" The Sniff curses.

I raise an eyebrow and smirk. I think i might already have an idea of what's going on here. An idea suddenly pops up inside my head.

"What?" I ask the Sniff who just keeps on staring at us nervously. "Are you in a bit of a hurry?"

The Sniff gulps, shifting his hockey stick on his hands. "Don't get me wrong mate. It's not like i'm scared to die or anything but if you don't want to die here, i suggest you start packing and leave before your 15 minutes are up."

I hear Junhue gasps. "Oh my god!"

Junhue is about to run but i pull him back, grabbing the hem of his shirt. He makes a choking sound before turning to face me.

"Didn't you hear him?" Junhue whispers. "He said this place is going to blow in 15 minutes. We need to get out of here before it's too late!"

I glare at Junhue and he immediately purses his lips, gulping. I turn to the Sniff who's getting worried and uncomfortable by the minute that passes by.