Chapter 41: Prelude

"What the fuck is going on?" I shout.

The alarm that keeps blaring non-stop is starting to hurt my ears now. I turn to the others and they also look uncomfortable by it. They're trying hard to cover their ears.

Right after the General left the conference room, Commander Tukutz decided to postpone the meeting. The others who were still in there immediately left but the others like CL-sunbae, Seungri-hyung and the Commander himself chose to stay behind. I also left and decided to head back to the Stow quarters to tell my fellow Bestowed of what we have just discussed inside the conference room.

"Something's wrong." Hyunhyeong says. "The blanks outside are in a state of panic right now."

I scowl before turning to the new guy, Chanhyuk. "Check it."

Chanhyuk nods back and in a blink of an eye, he disappears. Chanhyuk and his sister, Suhyun are both class b Bestowed. Chanhyuk can teleport anywhere his mind can see while Suhyun has the ability to move things with her mind.

After half a minute, Chanhyuk finally returns, looking troubled.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Some unknown people broke in." He answers.

"What? But that's impossible!" Junhue shrieks. "It's a fucking YG headquarters! No one should be able to break in."

"Well, some people just did!" Chanwoo counters.

"Yah! This place is a fucking dungeon, man!" Junhue tells his bestfriend. "And no one gets in or out of here."

"Oh god!" Rosé covers her ears. "Stop swearing you guys!"

"I was just saying." Junhue glares at Chanwoo.

"Shut the hell up or i'll rip that mouths of yours off of your faces!" Jinhwan glares at the younger ones.

"Jin-ah, stop scaring the kids." Hyunhyeong whispers when he sees Suhyun hide behind her brother.

I sigh. Ah! This is tiring. So this is how Hanbin felt like when he was still alive. How did he even try to bear this responsibility alone? I laugh bitterly and everyone stares at me.

"Ah! I really miss that motherfucker."

"Hyung, are you alright?" Chanwoo asks.

I keep laughing.

"Oh my god!" Junhue turns to Jennie. "Your brother finally lost it!"

Jennie rolls her eyes before walking towards me. Everyone gasps when she suddenly slaps me.

"Oww!" I reach out to touch my swelling cheek and glare at my sister. "What was that for?"

"Oh! Good. I thought you really lost it that time." Jennie crosses her arms. "So what are we going to do now?"

"We can't even reach the sunbaes." Lisa starts to fidget. "It looks like the communications are down."

I keep glaring at my sister while rubbing my hurt cheek until i notice that everyone is now looking at me intently. They all expecting something from me. I bite my lip. I'm not Hanbin. I don't know how to lead. I can feel my fists clenching at my sides. But, this is the time that i have to step up.

"We do what we're best at." I smirk. "It's time to kick some butts out there. Tell these motherfuckers they chose the wrong Den to hangout."

My friends start to cheer. We all get out of our quarters to join the fray. There's chaos everywhere. There are our people fighting aginst these people wearing gas masks.