Part 13

Hearing a sound, Madhu irately opens her eyes stretching lazily on the bed.

"Did I wake you?" RK asks her as he stopped in the middle of dumping the bunch of clothes he was holding, on the side of the bed.

Madhu shakes her head as she rubbed her eyes and sat up. "What's this?"

"My things. I went and got everything." RK explains as he walked out the room to get the remaining things from Patil who was holding the rest.

"Your remaining clothes, I will bring it as soon as it is dry."

"Okay. You go now." RK tells him smiling.

"Did anyone see you there?" Madhu asks him as she got out of the bed and hurried to him worriedly.

"I don't know. I didn't check." RK tells shrugging.

"You shouldn't have gone alone." Madhu tells him worriedly.

"I should have taken goons with me?" RK asks with a teasing smile as he walked back into the room to keep the remaining things.

"Rishu..."

"Come on, Madhu... I know my parents and my grandfather are not model citizens or family but they won't kill me." RK jokes and then stops seeing the furious expression come across Madhu's face.

"Bad joke... but Madhu tell me this..." RK asks her as he grinned at her, "After what happened yesterday, who do you think should fear whom?"

Remembering his temper from the previous day, Madhu walks to RK and hugs him as she looked at him, "You are fine now?"

"Yes. Do I look angry now?" RK asks her smiling.

"You look very happy." Madhu notes sees his smile.

"Ever since we got married, yesterday I actually slept peacefully. Telling them that you are my wife took a load off my chest."

"But we can't tell anyone else now. Samay's family..." Madhu gently reminds him.

"Yeah, I know... but I feel at peace now." RK tells her smiling.

Madhu smiles seeing his smile, "If you are at peace then I am happy."

"Okie... give me breakfast, I've to go to office in a bit." RK tells her as she came out of the bathroom after her bath.

"Your breakfast will be ready in 20 mins." Madhu tells him as she hurried to kitchen.

RK opens his cupboard and move aside the few things he had kept in the outhouse, then he picks up all his clothes from the bed and shoves it into the cupboard. Then he takes his bags and keeps it near the cupboard deciding to unpack in the evening. Hearing the doorbell he walks towards the door.

Hearing Madhu running, he quickly informs her, "It's Patil. I gave my shirt and trouser to him to iron."

Madhu's stumbles to a stop as she heaved in relief.

Seeing the relief on her face, he asks curiously, "You thought it was my parents?"

Madhu nods.

"Stop worrying. Didn't you hear what Daddaji said yesterday? I am dead to him. whatever we do, they won't bother." RK tells her with a shrug as he opened the door for Patil. RK takes the ironed clothes from him and smiles at him, "Thanks, Patil. From tomorrow, I'll give it to laundry."