Part 6

"Is there something special in this part of the garden or you simply come here?" Madhu asks curiously as he is always by this window smoking or thinking. 

RK puts his hand on her back and pulls her closer to him. Madhu hugs him as she rests her head on his chest. "A cool breeze is there this side." 

"Yes." Madhu says.  

"And the sound of the night... it is kind of very interesting makes me wonder what all is there. You know, like the frog, insects all that." 

"I like the sound of the rain more." Madhu tells him smiling. 

"I love the smell of the rain." 

"Yes... there is something so nostalgic about it." Madhu says snuggling to him. "I love rain." 

"Me too." RK says smiling. 

"I want to play in the rain with you one day." Madhu tells him. 

RK smiles at her as he snubbed out his cigarette. 

"Rishu, holi is coming." Madhu tells him. 

"When is it?" 

"Thursday." Madhu tells him. "That day, can we put color on each other first?" 

"Sure, Madhu." RK tells her smiling.  

The next day, Madhu walks to the house to meet Trishna. She rings the bell and Patil opens the door for her. He warmly smiles at her. 

"Can you tell Trish that I am here?" 

"Yes. You are not coming inside?" 

"No." Madhu replies, she didn't want to enter her sasural without all the rituals.  

"Okay." Leaving the door open, Patil goes to call Trishna. 

She hears some female voices and looks up to see her mother-in-law walking towards the door with an elderly lady and a young beautiful girl.  

"What are you doing here?" Radha asks frowning spotting her at the door. 

"Waiting for Trish, we are planning to go out." Madhu replies hesitantly. 

"Who is this?" the elderly lady asks Radha. 

"A charity case my son took in." Radha replies with disgust while the younger girl looks at Madhu and looks her from top to bottom.  

"So you'll talk to Rishabh today?" 

"Yes but what is there to talk? Who will not want to marry Dipali?" Radha asks as she lovingly caressed Dipali's cheek while Madhu looks on in horror.  

They were talking about her Rishu's wedding with this girl? As if sensing her turmoil Dipali looks at her smirking victoriously. 

"Let's go?" Trishna asks as she walked towards the door. Madhu nods her head. 

"Trishna, where are you going?" Radha asks her. 

"Shopping." 

"Dipali, why don't you go with her then?" Radha says smiling sweetly at her. 

"No... can't come... no place. We are going by my scooty." Trishna tells her. 

"Then you and Dipali go." Radha says frowning. 

"Madhu has shopping; I am just going with her. Bye Ma... Bye aunty... Dipali, I'll see you around." Trishna says as she hurries out while Radha and Dipali gives Madhu murderous looks.