Part 5

"I don't even know why he is angry with me." Madhu tells Trishna as she wiped her tears. 

"Maybe he is not angry with you, bhabhi." Trishna tries to tell her again as she pulled Madhu close to her to console her. 

"He is. He was so furious. I am such a burden on him." Madhu whispers as she bursts out crying. 

"No bhabhi... He loves you." Trishna tells Madhu. 

"Did he tell you that?" Madhu asks her hopefully. Trishna looks down avoiding eye contact. "I am nothing but a burden." 

"No, bhabhi!!" Trishna tells her forcefully then taking her mobile for the hundredth time she tries to call her brother but he doesn't answer. He had left in the morning and it was almost night now.  

"He is not picking my calls. Did you try to call him, bhabhi?" 

"No." Madhu whispers. 

"You didn't?" Trishna asks shocked and taking Madhu's mobile from the table she calls RK. And he answers on the fourth ring, "Madhu..." 

"Bhabhi, he is on line." Trishna tells her as she passed the phone to Madhu. 

"Hu.. hello." Madhu says sadly. 

"You are crying?" 

"No." 

RK sighs, "I'm coming home." 

"Okay." 

Few minutes later they hear the doorbell and Madhu hurries to open it. RK walks in and spots Trishna. "Leave, Trishna." 

Trishna furiously walks towards the door, "You better have a very good excuse, she has been crying the whole day!" 

RK turns to look at Madhu and she looks down not able to face him. After Trishna leaves, RK locks the door.  

"Why did you cry?" RK asks her angrily. 

"Why did you leave me?" 

"I didn't leave you." 

"You just walked out." 

"I just couldn't look at your face." RK says furiously. 

Madhu looks up at him in shock as fresh tears started flowing from her eyes. 

"Everything was going fine so I lied to myself that things were perfect as it is. But then it is not! You are my wife and I am hiding you like a dirty secret!" RK says as he angrily punched the wall. "I lied to myself that you were happy with the way things were." 

"I am happy." Madhu says shocked not understanding what he was telling her. "It's you who is not happy." 

"I am not happy! Because of me you are hiding out here! You have no life. All you do is sit at home. You have no work, you are not studying, and you have no life outside this house. All you do is sit here waiting for me to come." 

"I like waiting for you, Rishu." Madhu tells him realizing he was not angry at her but at himself. 

"Stop doing this, Madhu!" RK says furiously. 

"What?" 

"Acting as if I am the best thing that ever happen to you!" 

"You are, Rishu." Madhu tells him with tears in her eyes. 

"I am your curse, Madhu. I am hiding you. I worry people will find out that you are my wife. I don't let you wear your sindoor. I make you hide your mangalsutra. Which husband does that to his wife?"