Prologue

RK gets out of the car and hurries to the passenger side of the car and opens it. She nervously steps out. 

"This is my house." RK tells her as she looked at the huge mansion in shock; she never realized that he was rich. "Come." he tells her as he collects her luggage and walks towards the front door. He was about to ring the bell when he stops in shock and turns to her, "I didn't get your name." she looks at him in shock. "Sorry... it's just that..." 

"Madhubala..." 

"Madhubala." RK says in a whisper as he got used to the name. "I am Rishabh Kundra... You can call me RK or Rishabh... whatever you prefer." 

"Okay." She replies in a gentle whisper. 

He nods and rings the bell for someone to open the door. In less than a minute, Radha opens the door and the moment she spots them she starts frowning. "Rishabh, who is this?" 

"Ma... this is Madhubala... she is my friend's sister and he had to go out of the country for some time and since she had no other place to stay I told him that she can stay here." RK explains. "Madhu..." RK starts and Madhu turns to him in shock hearing him call her pet name, "this is my mother, Radha Kundra." 

"Namaste." Madhu says as she quickly bends down to touch her feet and Radha immediately stops her. "Don't do all this." She says frowning disapprovingly and turning to RK she says, "You come with me, I want to talk to you." 

"Come in." RK tells Madhu. 

"I said I want to talk to you alone." Radha tells him frowning. 

"I understand that, Ma... Madhu will wait inside while we talk." RK calmly tells her as he gestured Madhu to enter.  

"It's okay... I'll wait here." Madhu whispers not wanting to create any problems with the mother-son duo. 

"Madhu... come inside." 

"I am fine here... please?" 

RK sighs loudly. Radhu walks inside expecting RK to follow her. RK follows her in. He wasn't expecting anything more. 

Leaving Madhu there they both go inside to talk. Madhu sat there nervously as she waited for their discussion to get over and hear the verdict. 

"Who are you?" 

Madhu turns to the sound to find two elderly men. One looked like he was in his seventies and other looked to be in his fifties. Both of them were looking at her like how his mother had looked at her, with disgust and disdain. She didn't know who asked her that question. She quickly stands up as she nervously looked at them. 

"Who are you?" the older man asks again. 

"I... I am..." Madhu stammers as she nervously looked around. 

"What are you doing here? Are you here to meet someone here?" the other man asks her. 

"Dad... this is Madhubala." RK says as he comes out with his mother tailing him. "Madhu, this is my father, Mohan Kundra and that is my grandfather, Balraj Kundra." 

"What is she doing here?" Balraj asks. 

"Daddaji... she is going to be staying here for some time." RK informs them. 

"WHAT?"  

"She is my friend's sister... she has nowhere to go so I told my friend that she can stay with us till he comes back... I have told Ma everything." 

"How can she stay here?" his daddaji asks furiously. 

"She has nowhere to go and I gave my word." RK tells him calmly. 

Very soon Daddaji and RK were in a staring match with Madhu nervously gulping as she wished she was anywhere else other than this place. Sighing loudly RK says, "Okay, Daddaji... if that is what you want... I'll make arrangements for Madhu somewhere else... since I promised to watch out for her, I'll be moving out with her." 

"What nonsense is this, Rishabh?" his father asks furiously. 

RK simply shrugs in reply then he takes Madhu's luggage, "Let's go, Madhu."  

Madhu looks at him in panic as she wondered what to do then seeing RK walking out she also starts to walk out. 

"She will stay in the outhouse." His daddaji announces. 

"Outhouse?" RK asks shocked. 

"Yes. Outhouse that is all I am going to allow." 

RK turns to look at Madhu, realizing that he was waiting for her consent she gently nods. "Okay." RK says smiling. 

Everyone just walks off angrily.  

RK opens the door and stands aside giving way for Madhu to enter. Madhu with her right foot steps in as tears stung her eyes this was not how she had expected her entrance here.  

"You are upset." RK says looking at her. 

Madhu shakes her head in no and then asks him curiously, "You said because of your sister you couldn't leave..." 

"I knew, Daddaji wouldn't let me leave with you." RK tells her with a cheeky smile. "He couldn't have his grandson leave home and start living with a girl, especially when Trishna's wedding is fixed now." 

"Trishna is your sister?" 

"Yes." RK tells her smiling then in a serious note he asks her, "You understand why I have to do this right?" 

Madhu nods her head with a gentle smile.  

Then he starts opening the windows to let in fresh air and looking around the outhouse to see if everything was in order. There were two bedrooms with a living cum dining room and a kitchen "Someone will come and call you for the meals or if you prefer cooking your own food, I'll have Patil stock up the kitchen." 

Madhu nods her head as she realized that she preferred cooking her own food as his family didn't seemed to like her presence all that much. For the time being she had to be invisible to them. "I think I'll cook." Madhu tells him in a whisper. 

RK nods, "I'll talk to, Patil. Till then you have your food from the house." 

"Tell me if you have any problem here." 

Madhu nods in reply. 

"Are you scared to stay in alone? Do you want me to sleep here with you?" 

Madhu turns pink hearing the question and quickly shakes her head in no. 

"I'll see you later, why don't you rest meanwhile?" RK says as he starts to walk off, he was about to open the door when he turns back to look at her, "Anything else you need?" 

"No." 

He was about to turn towards the door but stops as he notices it and says pointing at it, "You shouldn't wear that." 

Madhu searches her neck and realizes her mangalsutr was peeking out. She quickly hides it inside, "I can't remove it. This is the sign of a suhagan." 

RK looks at her confused. 

"Till she dies a married woman never removes her mangalsutr." 

"My mother rarely wears her's." RK says confused. 

Madhu looks at him shocked and then says, "Many don't wear it now... but I was raised with all these believes. Just because you insisted I am not wearing my sindoor. This I'll hide from everyone. I won't let anyone see it." When RK looked about to argue she says, "It's for the safety of my suhaag." 

RK chuckles hearing that, "You mean to say that from now on your chain is going to keep me safe?"

Please like and comment 

- Lazy