Chapter 4 - Meet The Alpha, Augustine Halsey

"Everyone ready to go into the forest?" Len called out as we were about to finish packing for the trip.

"Yup!" I called out. "I'm all set."

"We're okay here too!" Mel and Vivi called out. 

"Hold on!" Andy called from somewhere down the hall. "I'm using the bathroom!" 

"Eww," I said, squinting my eyes out the window. "Hurry up, knucklehead!" It was a beautiful day and the sun was strong. It seemed as if nothing was wrong and it was just an everyday walk in the park. Except, it wasn't. We're heading into the forest, preparing to become werewolves.

"Ahhh, finally." Andy said as he came out of the bathroom. "I'm good to go." 

"Let's head out then. Tetris, think we can use your car again?" Len said as he walked out the door. 

"Yeah, it's no biggie." I said with a smile. I grabbed the keys and locked the door as everyone crowded my car. I pressed a button and the trunk popped open. Everyone helped pile stuff into the back. 

"Alright, Tetris." Len calmly said. "Go back to where you found me laying on the ground. The portal to the pack house is still around there." 

"Alright, Len." I said. All was quiet in the car as we drove past the park. Time seemed to slow down. 

"Guys, say your last goodbyes to this place." I said as we came to a stop sign. "We won't be returning for a while. Let's hope everyone returns in one piece.." I trailed off. I knew it wasn't like me to be depressing and worried, but this was something dangerous that we were about to embark on. Mel reached up and put her hand on my shoulder. 

"Hey, Tetris." She said calmly. "Don't think about it that way. We'll all be fine and we'll come back here one day." She smiled into the mirror, right as I looked at her. She had a reassuring expression that could make anyone feel confident once again.

"Haha, you're right, Mel. Thanks." I said with a smile into the mirror. The rest of the way we drove in silence. We finally reached the entrance to the woods and I parked right in front of it.

"Alright guys, let's grab out things." I said as I put the car in park. Everyone filed out and grabbed their belongings from the trunk.

"Len, what's the pack house like?" Vivi asked. "Like is it an actual house?"

"Yes, actually. It's a mansion." Len said plainly. 

"A-A-A mansion?!" Andy stammered. "How were you guys able to afford that?!" 

"It isn't your average built up mansion." He replied. "The Moon Goddess granted us this mansion to live in peace. Each pack has their own, located randomly throughout the world." 

"Wow! That's actually pretty cool!" Mel gleamed. 

"Haha, wait until you see it." Len teased. "Alright, now for the portal." He snapped his fingers and a rip appeared in front of our eyes. It just ripped through emptyness, through space itself! 

"What in the ..." I trailed off, awed at the portal itself. 

"Yup. This is a fast travel portal." Len informed us. "Once you become werewolves and are in training, you will get to learn how to summon one at any place." 

"Well if you can summon it at any place, why didn't we do it back at the house?" I asked him. 

"See, using a fast travel portal leaves a trace invisible to the naked eye, but visible to all creatures in the Enchanted Realm." He sounded very professional. "I didn't want to put the town in any danger, that's why I made you drive back to the forest."