Running

Frank's pov

"Gee?" I called out when I got home, no car in the drive way meaning we had the whole place to ourselves. "Gee bear?"

I sighed and walked up the stairs, stopping in front of his closed door. Knocking softly I slowly went to open the door but it wouldn't budge. My heart started racing as I thought about what happened last time when the his door was blocked.

"Gerard? Are you in there?" I knocked harder, trying to keep my voice steady. "Please open the door, Gee." I said, pushing the door harder. "Gee, please, you're scaring me. Are you upset, baby? I'm here, let's talk."

Only silence answered my calls as I started running at the door at full speed. My shoulder hitting the door making the wood snap in some spots. A loud bang sounded as the dresser toppled over, crashing to the ground.

"G-Gerard?" I gasped, catching my breath after the impact. "Gee baby?" I looked around, his bed was neatly made, everything in its place. I went pale when I saw a folded piece of paper on his pillow. My name written shakily on the front.

I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye in person, I'm a bad person for writing a letter instead of telling you this face to face. If I did tell you this to your face I would break down and cry my eyes out. I ran away and I'm never coming back to this place. I'm sorry that we didn't get to say goodbye but you'll forget me and find someone way better than me. Tell everyone I said goodbye and that I'm sorry.
-Gee xoxo

The paper slid to the floor as I fell to my knees, tears streaming down my face. He left me... Gerard left me here... He never said goodbye to me... He left me all alone. All alone in this fucking place. Sobs overtook me as I cried, my heart breaking into thousands of pieces. Gasping for air I tried getting up but clasped onto the floor.

He's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone...
~~~~~
"Frank? Oh my god, what happened?!" Linsey said as she came running in. Falling on her knees next to me. I lied there unresponsive as she shook me a little. "Frankie?"

"H-he left..."

"Who?"

"G-Gerard... He-he fucking left..." I whispered, squeezing Gerard's pillow tightly to my chest, it smelled just like him.

"Oh god." She gasped when she read the note. "Where could he have went? Oh god, he's not gonna make it out there." She sobbed, I sat up slowly and cried with her.

"I-I need to f-fine him." I sobbed into her shoulder, she held me tightly as she nodded.

"We'll all go look for him." She said, shakily getting up to call Bob and Jamie.
~~~~~
"Any luck?" Linsey asked softly as we all met back up outside of the mall.

I shook my head and looked up hopefully but all that hope was crushed when they all shook their heads. My heart squeezing painfully as tears threatened to spill again.

"H-he's fucking gone." I whimpered like a puppy that was kicked for no reason. Linsey reached out, about to put her hand on my shoulder when I took a step back. "Don't touch me." I said, not looking up at any of them.

"We're trying, Frank." Jamie said softly, like she was afraid of scaring me away.

"He's fucking gone!" I yelled, tears running down my face. "He's fucking gone and he's never coming back! This is all my fucking fault, if I was there with him he would still be here!"

"Frank, this isn't your fault, we'll all keep looking, we'll find him." Linsey said and tried to hug me but I moved away again.

I spun on my heels and ran don't the street, running into people. My tears making my vision blurry as I ran, running until I couldn't run anymore. Gasping for air that seemed to never come, my lungs burning and my throat dry.

"W-why did you leave?" I sobbed, falling to my knees in the clearing that I ended up in. "W-why didn't y-you tell m-me? I-I loved you... I s-still love you. I-I fucking love y-you so f-fucking much."
~~~~~
"He's been gone for the past 48 hours?" The officer asked us. We all nodded, my head down as I fought back more tears. "We'll do everything we can to find him. Thank you for your time." He said before talking to his partner.

After hours of all of us being questioned the officers left. Rylie looking at all of us angrily as we all sat down at the table.

"Why didn't you calm me when you found the note?" She spat, slamming her hands on the table.

"We went out looking for him." Linsey said calmly, my hands shaking with rage.

"You children don't have any respect. I was worried sick when I couldn't find Gerard or any of you. Do you know how much time and effort I spend on all of you?"

"You know what? I don't really fucking care about your problems at the moment. Gerard is out there, scared and cold, probably even hungry. But you're complaining about your problems?! Where were you when he fell down the stairs?! Or when he cried his eyes out all night?! You didn't fucking care about him or any of us!" I yelled angrily and got up, storming over to the door.

"Where are you going?!" She yelled back.

"I'm going to go look for Gerard!" I yelled and slammed the door behind me, running into the night.

|-/
Short little chapter :P
Hope you like this story so far.
Have a great day 💜💙
Stay safe