Chapter 3: Down the rabbit hole (Grace Potter & the Nocturnals-White rabbit)

(Grace Potter and the Nocturnals- White rabbit)

I wrapped my robe around myself and entered my room, still dazed from what I'll just call a dream for now. It looks like dad brought the last of my belongings upstairs. Box upon box are stacked against one of the walls.

"This is going to take forever to unpack" I sighed.

A knock sounded at my door, "Honey, your aunt is on her way, I thought we could have some takeout  together" said mom.

"Sounds good, I'll be down once I'm changed" I replied.

She shut the door on her way out. I pulled out a set of cotton pajamas and changed. I began to brush through my dark brown hair but no matter what I do, the loose waves are bound to set in. I slipped on a pair of slippers and headed downstairs.

"Azriel, You're so grown up!" Exclaimed Aunt Hannah, as she rushed over to embrace me. Her hair swept in my face and I could smell her flowery perfume.

"I've missed you, this sure beats the occasional phone call!" I said. We made our way over to the table and took a seat with my parents.

"So how have you been Angel? Asked Aunt Hannah.

"Fine I guess, just tired from the trip. I fell asleep while I was taking a bath and I had such a strange dream, it totally confused me" I replied.It was at this moment that all three of them exchanged a questionable yet knowing glance.

"You guys don't have to worry, I'm sure I'll be fine with a good night's sleep" I said.

"That's not what we're worried about" muttered my aunt. Dad gave her a glare that seemed to shut her up, too bad for them that I caught that last bit. We finished up eating and my mom and dad turned in for the night. Dad got a gig at the local hardware store and mom is partnering up with aunt Hannah in her decorating and design business, so they thought a good night sleep would be a good start for tomorrow.

She brought me into the living room to show me my uniform. It was pretty simple. A white collared, button down, long sleeved shirt with a sleeveless, black sweater to go on top, it had the schools name along with an infinity symbol. A plain black, knee length skirt was the last touch to the outfit.

"Well its not as bad as I thought it would be" I sighed.

My aunt laid the uniform down and grabbed my hands. "You know, this place isn't that bad. You were meant to come here. All will be explained in due time." She said. She kissed me good night and let herself out.

I couldn't fall asleep. I thought I was going crazy because this is the second eerie message I have gotten today. I had this weird feeling that my parents were apart of this too. I can't just let this go. I have nothing left to lose....might as well go down the rabbit hole.

Thanks for the reads...longer chapters to follow!