Chapter 12: Unacceptable (Lacuna Coil-Swamped)

Chapter 12:Unacceptable

(Lacuna Coil-Swamped)

He stared at me for a moment, not a peep being spoken. His crimson eyes raked my body from my head to my feet. He walked towards me then circled around me, getting a full view.

"So you're it? The one who's supposed to change my evil ways? You are simply unacceptable." He snickered. Although his voice was enticing, he had a cruel tone.

"I didn't ask to be here!" I said, not allowing him to break my spirit.

He stepped in front of me, surprised at my comment.

"Any girl would love to be in your shoes." He told me. He was obviously convinced that his looks would make up for his ignorant behavior. I wasn't falling for him though; my heart still belonged to Nathaniel. I wouldn't let this underworld inhabitant keep me away from him.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Whateve-" I was abruptly interrupted.

SLAP!

He hit me across my right cheek. My hands rushed to my cheek to ease its sting. I looked at him with teary eyes and at that moment I wished him dead. He looked back at me with no remorse and he had the audacity to wear a smirk.

"That will teach you to back talk me, angel filth!" He spat.

I began to see red and all I could think about was wishing that he'd burst into flames. How could I hate someone so much after just meeting them? A damn slap in the face will do it!

All of a sudden, one of the shoulders of his shirt caught fire. It started as a mild spark and grew to a raging flame. Surprisingly, I was overjoyed at the sight and made no attempts to help him. I let out an evil laugh that didn't sound like my own. To hear him scream was delightful and I savored the sound. The way the flames danced upon him had me hypnotized.

The door burst open from behind me and the guards began to put out the flame with their cloaks. Salazar and Camilla entered the room and questioned how the fire was started.

Christian pointed to me with a shaking finger. "It was her, what kind of sorceress have you brought me?" He questioned his parents.

Salazar walked up to me and grabbed me by my arm. "What did you do?" He asked.

I let my hand uncover my inflamed cheek. "I didn't do anything! He hit me for talking then he burst into flames." I explained.

Camilla rested her hand on her husband's shoulder. "She speaks the truth. She did not knowingly do it...at first." She said.

She tried to diffuse the situation by leading me out of his room. Camilla took me to the garden to cool off and tend to my swollen cheek. We sat on a stone bench in the middle of her exotic garden. I was baffled to see so many colors.

"How could something so beautiful, grow in a place like this?" I thought to myself.

"Even darkness needs beauty." She commented. I forgot she could read my mind.

"Darkness will grow within you if you let hate get the best of you, my dear. That is what happened to my son. He let hate take every shred of love away from him. You are his last hope." She said.

"He hated me since he laid eyes on me; there is no way that I'm the last hope." I argued.

She dipped a soft cloth into the bowl of cold water and dabbed it lightly on my cheek. It took away the heat from my throbbing cheek.

"Whether you two want to believe it or not...you belong together. Both of you have what the other needs. You carry the light he needs for his dark side, in exchange, he carries the passion for your insatiable appetite for love...you just have to dig for it, he's buried it."

"How did I make the flame appear?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"I'm not sure; you are a reincarnated angel so you carry your previous self's power but you might also have your own. Someone attempted to harm you and you defended yourself through rage...a demon's quality. If you let the darkness take over, you will surely turn into one." She explained.

Just the thought of being anything like Christian, sickened me. I was determined not to let him derail me into something I loathed. I wanted to run away from here, but where is here? Where would I go? Obviously, I traveled through a portal to get here and would have to leave by one.

"You are to be his soul mate so you must to adapt to life here. You will be attending lessons alongside my son and his classmates. Maybe spending some time with each other in a different setting is what you need. There are also other girls your age, I'm sure you could make a friend or two."

She tried to cheer me up but hopes of new friends wouldn't cover up the fact that I was basically kidnapped to be the mate to a narcissistic underworld being who didn't even want me to begin with!

"I want you to be comfortable here so I've arranged for you to have your own quarters till you and my son come to terms." She said.

I gave her a weak smile; it was all I could muster up at the moment. "Thanks." I said, weakly.

She walked me down the dark corridor to a bedroom that looked similar to Christian's, except for the color. A deep, dark emerald green was the theme color of the room. She opened a chest that lay at the end of the ancient looking canopied bed, and handed me a slinky green nightdress made of an exquisite silk fabric. It was a bit risqué but my only option for a change of clothes. Camilla left me to dress and informed me that my lessons would begin tomorrow.

Unlike Christian's room, this one did not have a lit fireplace. It was drafty and I was chilly even under the heavy blankets I crawled into.

I cried myself to sleep that night. I wondered how my family was, if they were looking for me...and Nathaniel. I longed to be in his arms. My dreams were the only time I could see his face......maybe I could reach out to him...

xoThanks to everyone who's reading!xo

xoPlease leave comments and vote if you liked the chapterxo