Chapter 4: The Academy (Phantogram-Don't move)

Thanks to everyone for reading! Comment or vote plz... 

-xoKaelaxo

Chapter 4: The Academy (Phantogram-Don't Move)

Beep! beep! beep! beep!

"Uggh, morning already? " I thought to myself as I turned off my alarm.

"Breakfast, Azriel." Called mom from the kitchen.

I bathed last night so I brushed my teeth and washed my face before putting on my quite wearable uniform. With just a bit of eyeliner, mascara, and some clear gloss , I was almost ready.

I slipped on my black ballet flats then went to do something to my hair. My slightly wavy, dark brown locks hung just above my waist, it accented my naturally tanned skin. I didn't want to draw to much attention to myself so I sported a vintage black lace headband and that was that.

Before going downstairs, I walked over to my full length mirror for one last look. I'm not vain, but there was just something about myself that made me seem different than other girls. Was it my unnaturally blue eyes? The Victoria's Secret model type body I owned effortlessly?

Whatever it was made me feel like I should keep a low profile. I'm not a graceful swan, when it comes to guys so the less I have to do with them, the better! Besides, I just about gave it up to a sexy stranger in a dream that felt so real, who knows what would happen in real life.

I walked down the steps and headed towards the kitchen. I was hit with the delicious smell of blueberry muffins, yum! "Thanks Mom , your the best! Where's Dad? I asked.

"He got a head start before both of us I suppose" she laughed.

"So how am I getting to school?" I inquired. I got my license last year on my sixteenth birthday. I didn't really have a need for it though, living in the city and all. Every thing was in walking distance, and if not there were cabs and the subway.

"Can I take your car?" I asked with big doe eyes. Maybe with a bit of persuasion I could talk her into it.

"Why would you need mine, when yours is in the garage" she said innocently. Her words didn't process in my head correctly because last time I checked, I didn't have one!

"My car?" I thought. Then the realization hit me. "Oh my god, thanks sooo much mom!!" I exclaimed as I almost tackled her with a hug.

She smelt of honeysuckle and freshly made muffins, I noticed, as we parted. She was just one of those timeless beauties. She had chocolate Brown waves as I do, with a heart-shaped face to match. Most of my features came from her except for my deep sea colored eyes, those were my dads doing. They both looked way younger than their mid thirties, at first glance they seem to be in their twenties! I'll have to remember to ask their secret!

I sat for a moment so I could inhale two muffins with a glass of milk.

"Here are the keys to your car and to the house. I don't know know what time we'll be home from work, first day and all. There's plenty of food to make and don't stay out to late if you end up making friends" she reminded.

"Okay bye mom, gotta go before I'm late. How do I get there by the way?" I asked.

"It's programmed under school on the GPS, angel" she replied.

I made my way to the garage. I saw my mom's Nissan murano, that had gotten towed here. Next to it sat a silver Nissan 350z. "This has got to be a dream" I thought to myself.

I turned the engine on, reveling in the sound of it purring to life. The leather interior only added to my excitement. I looked at the GPS under school, and found that the directions were quite simple. Here we go.

It only took ten minutes to drive there. There wasn't much to look at on the way there, a couple neighborhoods, and fields full of flowers that seemed to go on forever.

I made a left onto Sacred Drive, the school came into view. It looked like a brick fortress from afar. I had to go up a winding road to finally get to the parking lot. There were so many cars that I could barely find a parking spot. I was about to pull into one that I found by a miracle, when a loud sound of a reved up engine zoomed passed me.

This idiot on a motorcycle just stole my spot! I beeped my horn to acknowledge this asshole's rudeness.

Who ever it was turned off the ignition and removed their helmet....

xoSo...whatcha think?xo