Land of Milk and Honey

Nestled in the soft grass, I laid there; draped with a blanket of dew. Petrichor pervaded the surrounding air. The river ambled about just a few yards ahead of my feet at a leisurely pace. The crooning coos of the cuckoos woke me from my slumber. This was the freshest I had ever felt. I squinted momentarily as I sat up because of the rays of sunlight that filtered through the canopy of the tree under which I was resting. I felt a hand lightly tapping on my left shoulder.

To see who was calling me I turned around. I felt an overwhelming sense of felicity pass over me like a wave. She stood there in front of me, dressed in a long wavy off-white skirt and a loose white tank top. Her bare feet kissed the foliage with her pink soft feet. She smiled at me for the first time: a smile that words could not describe: smile that conveyed the warmth in that person's heart. A smile so talismanic and hypnotic, that you would forget everything else while being engulfed by her warm voodoo. Her tiny rounded teeth, white as snow contrasted sharply against her baby pink lips which were freshly moist with the falling mist. I just sat there beaming like a buffoon looking at her. Once again rendered speechless by her.

Within seconds, her sandalwood toned skin was tinted pink around her cheeks due to my incessant staring. She looked downwards to avoid my gaze and my vision blurred all over while she remained in focus. I was intoxicated by her beauty, by her grace and her roseate skin.

"I was waiting for you." she spoke in her golden voice.

Surprised I asked, "For me?"

"But of course, who else would I wait for?" she said as she sat down on her knees beside me delicately.

" I thought I would never see you again." I said.

" Except, I'm right here beside you, only I don't know anything about you, not even your name." she said coyly.

"Rishaan, that's what I am called." I said confidently while trying to act cool.

She giggled as she must have seen past my ruse.

"Where did you find my key, I have been looking all over for it?" she asked.

"You dropped it when you were going to teleport outside the temple at Matunga, I found it fallen and called out to you, but you had disappeared by then." I said, "Since then I have been getting visions of you almost every night and I spent most of my free time trying to find clues as to who you are and how can I meet you again." I confessed.