Chapter 12

After waiting several hours for Elena and Stefan to return and having ruled out the possibility of walking in on anything steamy, Damon headed over to Elena's house. The door was wide open, but to his dismay he could not enter. He hadn't been invited in.

"Stef, you here? I'm kinda stuck, could do with an invitation inside."

No one replied and Damon began to get rather frustrated. Shouting through the open door for the best part of fifteen minutes.

Meanwhile, Stefan lay on the kitchen floor, his mind showing the messages, pictures, the witch had intended him to see, cryptic messages. They flashed through his head quickly, and certain images were clearer than others. As he struggled to decipher them, his head moved from side to side on the floor, until suddenly, he sat bolt upright, inhaling sharply as he did so.

Upon seeing his brother sit up in the kitchen, Damon shouted once again which caught Stefan's attention.

"I would offer to help you up, but I can't get in. Now where's Elena?"

Stefan thought for several moments, then his face changed when he remembered all the images that had flashed through his head.

"What is it Stefan, do you know where she is or not?"

Stefan dashed out of the house, clutching Damon for support as he began to fall to the ground, grunting as more images flashed through his mind.

"No. I don't know where she is, but she is scared, and she needs us to save her. Elena is hurting. A witch took her."

Damon sighed.

"Okay, we need Bonbon, a picture of Elena and a comb." He said, as he dragged his brother off down the road.

Stefan thought for a moment before questioning his brother.

"The first two are for a locator spell, but why the comb?"

"Well brother, we need to touch up our hero hair, because the Salvatore Doppelgänger Rescue Squad is, once again, 150 odd years later, ready to save the day."

They walked in silence for a few minutes, headed to Bonnie's house, when Stefan turned to Damon.

"Do you mean to tell me that I'm going to be stuck with you and your terrible jokes for the rest of the day?"

"Yep, all 17 hours of it."

Stefan sighed and Damon began to whistle as they walked down the road together.

No matter how much he thought of anything else though, Stefan could still feel Elena's pain, her fear. He could sense her longing to be rescued, but something told him it was not him she longed for, and as he looked up, seeing his brother stride along calmly, he couldn't help but think it could be him.

A/N
I know this story doesn't seem to be very Delena based now, but I promise eventually it will be.
Also, I have lots of ideas for short story snippets, so I was thinking of starting a book of little scenes I think of - what do you think?