•Captured•

All I could see was blackness. I was confused, scared, and unable to move my arms. I had no recollection as to where the hell I was, but it sure felt different to my place of work. My

I began shifting my body frantically, try to free myself from what was holding me back from getting up and running as fast as I could from this place I was in.

Then, the door opened.

The sound of controlled breathing filled the room as the sound of footsteps grew closer. By the sounds of it, this person was wearing dress shoes, as a clacking noise sound each time a step was taken.

I sensed something behind me, crouched down, their lips at my ear; still breathing heavily. The actions being portrayed by this person were sending shivers down my spine.

Suddenly, I felt a sense of relief come from my wrists, it seems this person has untied my hands from eachother. I held my hands out in front of me for a few seconds, trying to get feeling back into them; the ropes tied tight that blood was struggling to circulate into my arms & hands.

The sound of footsteps sounded once again. This time, leaving the room & closing the door behind them; of course locking it so I had no chance of escape.

I felt a fabric covering my face, I reached up to remove what was covering my eyes. The room around me was bright, my eyes slowly adjusting themselves to this new vision, in which I was seeing.

I slowly rubbed my eyes, to look up & see I was in such a room you'd only see in rich people's homes, or on Television for example.

It looked very much like a penthouse apartment, it had a king sized bed, made to perfection. The mattress encased with purple sheets with gold detailing throughout. 1 singular lounge chair sat infront of the bed.

Curiosity struck my mind. I began to realise this must be the place of a business man, he'd sit in the chair & watch his flings put on a show for him on the bed. I shuddered with disgust at the thought.

What really grabbed my attention, was the view of the city. It was beautiful from up here. Id never seen the city from such a grand height before. It was stunning.
All I saw was the city at street level, the alleyway littered with used needles and empty alcohol cans.

I turned around, and noticed a small black envelope in the middle of the bed, with the words 'Open me' poorly written on the front.

Carefully opening the envelope, I removed the paper inside, unfolding it. I began to read aloud the message in scripted on the paper:

"Don't be frightened little girl, you'll be safe with me. I'm the king of this city, therefore when I want something I will get it, no matter what. I saw you from afar, you never saw me. You'll know of my existence at first sight no doubt. You can run & be free, or you can stay here, with me. You'll have everything you desire & you'll have the greatest life one possibly could have. Though, I do hope you'll stay, you took my fancy.

- J"

I gulped with fear as soon as I finished reading to myself.

J

The initial rings a definite bell. I stood there in silence for a moment, trying to think who this 'J' person was.

Horror dawned upon me as I realised 'J', stood for Joker.

Joker, the clown prince of crime.

I put my hand to my mouth & gasped, the piece of paper dropping to the floor.

The door opened once again.

I slowly looked up with fear, to see the well dressed, green haired devil himself standing in the doorway.

It was at this point I knew there was no escape now, never for that matter.

I had been captured.