Chapter 18

I was cornered. Literally. I felt like I was against two walls that were closing in and I had no way out but to face the wall. The wall in this case had a name and two beautiful brown eyes and—

"You can't keep avoiding me, Tyler," Kelly said snapping me out of my thoughts. She had literally followed me all the way to the skatepark and had me against a wall, if I didn't know better, I'd probably be scared.

"I'm not avoiding you, I'm just going my way doing my things, it just happens that none of the things I gotta do are anywhere near where you are," I said looking away. The guys were all here, and they were laughing at my childish behaviour.

I guess it could be my fault that they were all laughing, I mean I did skate away as soon as I saw Kelly. What can I say? I get easily scared when it comes to having these conversations, I never know what to say and I get sick, like legit sick, like wanting to throw up and shaking and getting cold sweats kind of sick. I'm not good at this. It scares the shit out me. Literally.

And Kelly knows this so I don't understand why she's making me go through this, there's nothing to talk about really, she cheated in some way, she led me on, I found out she had sex with Eleanor's ex. I got drunk and I had sex with Eleanor, and then I clicked repeat to that last action a few times.

More like quite a lot of times.

"Once we talk we can get over it and start acting like adults," She sighed, looking at me like she was getting annoyed. Not my fault, I didn't even want to have this conversation in the first place.

"What do you want from me, Kelly?" I asked her, it wasn't her who should be annoyed, I should be annoyed! "You decided we needed to break up, I just accepted it because I knew it was what you wanted and I preferred to have you as a friend than to end up in bad terms. Then Matt. Then you led me on. And now you want to talk about what exactly?"

"You hated Eleanor."

"Don't talk about Eleanor! This is about us, don't bring her in because it wasn't her fault." I snapped. I didn't want to discuss Eleanor.

"So, you admit it then, you had sex with Eleanor to get back at me?" She asked, I sighed and shook my head looking away from her. "Just tell me that's the reason why, just fucking tell me and I swear, Tyler, all is forgotten. I'll move back and I don't know— we'll just be fine like we were."

I quickly looked back at her, was she actually serious? "You wouldn't do that." I whispered. For some reason my voice was playing games with me. My voice. My legs. My stomach. My fucking heart. And I didn't like it. I didn't like it because while I was getting somewhat exited and even picturing a life with Kelly, I could also see Eleanor. And it made me feel equally confused and guilty.

"I would. For you, I would." Kelly nodded taking a step towards me, I could feel the air around us changing, she wasn't mad, I wasn't mad, we were something different but I didn't want to accept it, I didn't want to accept the fact that if Kelly stepped forward and kissed me, I don't know if I'd move away. "If it meant we would be together again like before, forgetting all the shit I did and you did, then I would do it. I already told my parents I was having a year off."

"What?" I stepped back. See this is what I didn't like about Kelly. I never did and it still bothered me.

She believed she had the right to adjust in my life in any way that suited her and she never cared if I wanted or not the adjustments.

"What makes you think that's what I want? You leaving everything and just coming here, did you at least think how this might affect me? My life? You can't just fucking come back like nothing happened, Kelly. Shit did happen and just because you drop everything and come here, it will not be forgotten."