Chapter 19

I was having a nice dream when bangs on my front door woke me up. Of course, I wasn't expecting anyone, Eleanor was having a weeklong sleepover with Veronika, catching up and whatnot, they said drinking isn't a good way to catch up and after they left mine the next day, Eleanor said she'd see me in a week.

So, to hear banging on my door at 3am was kind of weird.

I quickly stood up and went to the front door, opening the door, I found Kelly with tears rolling down her face, her hair was a mess and she was wearing a really tight and short dress.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, "Why are you crying?" She didn't answer me, she just walked right pass me inside my house. "Please, do come in..." I said sarcastically with a sigh.

"You were the love of my life, Tyler," She blurted out, I was caught off guard by it but she kept pacing around the living room, not looking at me, wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"You had a funny way of showing it," I laughed without humour.

"I know I messed up, but don't we all?" Her voice was shaking and more tears came falling down her face. I felt bad, I didn't want to hurt her. I really didn't like seeing her like this but it wasn't my fault. "I messed up and I get that you're mad and hurt, I realise now that I really did fuck up but Tyler, I love you and that hasn't changed. Everybody has doubts, Tyler, I'm not perfect and I doubted myself and I did this thing that hurt us both but— I love you."

She turned to look at me. She finally stopped pacing and stayed still. Her eyes were red and puffy, her whole face had turned into this soft and sad expression that made my heart do things it shouldn't. Not anymore, anyways. A part of me wanted to hug her, hold her and tell her that I was sorry for making her look this sad. However, another part of me told me to stay where I was, to tell her to go home and sleep it off, to stop this nonsense.

"What do you want me to do, Tyler? You've already proved your point, okay? I know I've hurt you but you've hurt me too! Don't you think this is hurting me? This, seeing you or just the idea of you being with Eleanor is fucking killing me! Just tell me it isn't true. Please tell me it isn't true that you actually might have feelings for her."

I stared at her and tried to process what she was telling me. I was very confused and half asleep still. Kelly took two steps towards me and was about to take the third step when I realised what could've happened if I had allowed her to take the rest of the steps.

"Stop," I said taking a step back.

"Why? I love you." She took another step.

Shit. "Stop, Kelly."

"I love you, Tyler." She said once again, this time her voice was different, caring, soft and seductive even. God, she my heart beat fast and my skin shiver. She always had that effect on me.

"Kelly, please."

"Say you don't love me back. Say it," She took another step, she was one step away from me and I was dangerously close to falling off the edge. I should've taken a step back, I should've moved away from her, tell her to leave but my feet weren't functioning, my brain was overloading and malfunctioning.

"You can't say it. You can't say you don't love me because you still love me," She smiled and I looked away. "I love you."

She took the last step towards me. I could feel my skin growing sensitive and goose bumps raising as she slowly caressed my arm and slowly went down to my hips.

I closed my eyes and tried to control my breathing. What the hell is going on?

"Kelly, please, don't do this," I whispered back to her, my voice couldn't go higher than a whisper, even if I tried to back away from her, I couldn't do it.