Chapter 28

October.

"Tyler, be careful!" Gio sighed and tried to grab the big ass bottle I was drinking from but I tried to dodge him, my wheelchair was not the best way to try to get away from him but I could at least shield myself from him.

I shouldn't be drinking because of the painkillers and all but when I drink, when I'm away from home and all the rules, all the worried looks and all the be careful, Tyler... I couldn't get away from it all fast enough.

"Leave me alone," I laughed at my intent of speaking, my tongue felt heavy and it was like I was tripping with my own words.

"Give me the bottle, Tyler."

His voice was serious, it reminded me of all those times when he'd tell me to drink, to have fun, to not be a child.

"That's funny, considering you were the one who kept saying I needed to loosen up, drink and whatnot," I looked up at him. Gio was tall but since I was sitting and he was standing... "Jesus, you're freakishly tall, you know that?"

"Tyler stop," He told me, I tried to stand straight and looked up at him. He had his serious face on. "I know you're hurting but this isn't good— this is self-destructive behaviour and you're—"

"You know so much about me, don't you?" I sighed and pushed his hands off my wheelchair, "You're a pain in the ass, always whining and always worried. You used to be fun, you know? Used to drag me to parties and want to get laid all the time, now look at you... you're up my ass all day long, talking about how I need to talk, about how I need to do this and that, leave me the hell alone!"

"I'm worried about your sorry ass." He snapped back, looking a little angrier, I laughed at him, finally the fucking reaction I was expecting!

"Well, shit, Giovanni's worried about my sorry ass, everybody, let's stop and listen to how worried sick Gio is!" I shouted throwing my hands in the air, looking around at everybody, they all looked at me weirdly but then carried on with what they were doing. "I don't need you to worry about me, I need you to leave me the hell alone or shut the hell up! Actually, you know what? If you're so worried, why don't you go to your boyfriend, get him to suck the worries out of you, and leave me the fuck alone!"

"Fuck you, Tyler," He shook his head and walked away, taking the bottle of vodka with him.

I cursed under my breath as I tried to make my way out of the house. I don't even know whose house this was but it had a lot of stairs and that didn't work well with my new transportation. When I got here, I had to wait until I saw some dudes who looked strong enough to get me up the stairs into the house.

I could walk but I got tired easily and it hurt a lot and I needed crutches, crutches that I forgot at home. Texting Matias was an option but I didn't want him to see me like this. It was enough that I had him lying to our parents, helping me get out of the house when they were working.

"I imagine sitting around all day's messing with your head, huh?" I heard Kelly's voice before I saw her. She was coming around me, her hair was in a high ponytail, her nose and her cheeks were red from the cold... it wasn't even that cold.

"You imagine right," I sighed, not bothered to look at her for longer than I needed to. "What're you doing here, anyway? I figured you were gone."

"I told you, I dropped out," My eyes snapped to hers.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because—" She sighed and looked away, looked down at her shoes as if they would answer for her.

"Please don't say it was for me because I will be so mad—"

"A small part of me missed you, so much that the idea of coming back was there— but no," She raised her hand to push a small hair behind her ear. "I don't know, I'm not saying uni wasn't for me but— I don't think I was ready to bethere. I liked partying, I liked drinking, smoking, not having my parents around to tell me how everything I was doing was Haram... I think I went a little overboard and one morning I found myself waking up next to some dude that had a Shrektattoo and— I felt lonely, I guess.