Gold

"The lady did not come home last night, didn't she?" Legolas questioned.

"She texted me she will be spending the night at her parents" Ellie responded.

"Is she coming today?" Legolas asked rather worried.

"I hope she will" Ellie said.

"You know, I've only today and tomorrow" Legolas looked at Ellie.

As Ellie was about to say something Emily walked in "good morning" she yelled as she came walking in holding a puppy in her arms.

"You got a puppy?" Ellie went forward and petted it.

"Yes, dad gave me this morning to cheer me up" Emily said as she kissed the puppy head.

"He's so adorable, can I hold him?" Legolas asked as he stood next to Emily.

"Here you go" Emily smiled as she handed the pup to Legolas "so, what's up with you two?" Emily questioned.

"Nothing" Ellie faked a giggle.

"You should name him gold" Legolas looked at Emily.

"What?" Emily looked at Legolas.

"You should name the pup, gold" Legolas smiled.

"And why's that?" Emily asked.

"Because he's a golden retriever and his heart is as pure as gold" Legolas petted the pup.

"How did you know he was a retriever? I didn't know" Emily giggled.

"Because I know animals" Legolas chuckled as the pup licked his nose.

"Awww he likes you, let's name him gold" Emily smiled as she kissed the pup.

***

"Where were you and Legolas? I didn't see you guys for hours" Emily asked as Ellie entered her room.

"We went for a walk" Ellie responded.

"Ugh...gold needed a bath and I didn't know how to bath him but I did fed him" Emily clenched her jaws.

"You're such a baby, Em" Ellie giggled.

"Shut up! You know I've never taken care of puppies" Emily rolled her eyes.

"I know, I'll help you in bathing him" Ellie said as she carried gold to the bathroom. After gold took his first bath Ellie and Emily blowdried him and tied a scarf around his neck "tomorrow, we will be going for shopping" Emily said as she kissed gold.

"You are obsessed with him" Ellie grinned.

"Who won't be" Emily smirked.

"My ladies dinners done" Legolas said as he entered the room.

"I'm starved" Emily exhaled as she headed towards the dinning table.

"Dinner looks nice" Ellie said as she saw pasta, lasagna, salad, soup, fries and dips on the table.

"No meat?" Emily questioned.

"Legolas, don't eat meat you forgot?" Ellie looked at Emily.

"Oh yeah! I don't seem to remember" Emily murmured. Ellie and Legolas both looked at Emily with concern. After the dinner they had ice cream as Emily scooped a spoonful of her favourite mint ice cream she said "Legolas you make the best dishes".

"Well, I'm honoured my lady" he bowed his head in respect.

"I'm glad you came into my life" Emily smiled as she stood up and headed towards her bedroom. Her heart was heavy and her mind in confusion but she tried her best to cover up her emotions and as she sunk into her pillow and closed her eyes she fell asleep.

***

The next morning Ellie woke her up yelling "Em, time for our jogging".

Emily grumbled as she opened her eyes "I don't want to go today".

"We have to or winter is on its way and it will be so chilly to go out in a while" Ellie said.

"Ugh.......okay" Emily growled as she got out of bed and got ready.

As they jogged around Central Park Ellie headed towards the coffee shop in order to get them some hot coffee while Emily sat on the bench turning the volume of her iPod higher. At that very moment she saw gold on the sidewalk running towards her. "Gold" Emily called as she stood up and pulled her earpiece out. "What are you doing here?" She lifted him up and saw that he had a pouch in his mouth she recognised it as the pouch of Legolas. "Oh boy! from where did you get this?" She looked at gold as she took the pouch on her hand and seated gold on the bench. She opened the pouch and saw that the stone, the ring and the leaf were all there she gave a sigh of relief than she looked at gold "it's not good to run away from home nor bring all these things outside". Gold seems to understand her as he sat quietly looking at her. "Good boy" she said as she patted his head.

"My lady" Emily heard Legolas calling her name as she turned her head he was right there standing behind her.

"Legolas you don't know this but gold______" before Emily could finish Legolas interrupted her and said "it was not gold it was me, I brought him here with the pouch. He took it to you because I told him to" Legolas said.

"But why?" Emily questioned.

"Because my time has come my lady, today is my last day" Legolas words heavy.

"What? Are you serious?" Emily looked confused.

"Yes" Legolas nodded.

"But you told me before you had time, till the first fall of snow" Emily looked at him.

"I did have but when you were hospitalised to save you from the coma I made a deal with the lady Galadriel" Legolas gave a deep sigh as he started narrating what exactly happened and now his time is over and he had to go back before the sun sets.

"Don't go Legolas, I need more time" Emily pleaded.

"I'm sorry my lady, I've no power over time and destiny" Legolas voice cracked.

Ellie came with two cups of hot coffee. She kept the cups on the bench and then she told Emily "you can stop this if you want Em but for that you must kiss him but not any kiss, it must be the kiss of true love".

Emily looked at Legolas and then Ellie and then she ran away. "Em" Ellie called but she didn't look back she kept running until she was out of sight.

***

This is a really special part for me not only because Gold (the puppy) comes into Emily's & Legolas life but also because it's the day I'm born^^ I'm glad I could share this moment with my Wattpad family:) & thank you all for reading all my 4 four books relating to Emily & Legolas ;)

Xo...