42. Possessive Pronouns

^for all y'all who think Silas is going to crash

^^ ALSO LISTEN PLEASE !

(Personal request: Read slowly while listening!)

Certain Things- James Arthur

=2:37am, 16th April 2016=

"Sweetheart, you there?"

[There's a silence with only the sound of Naya's loud yawn discernible.]

"What the fuck Silas, you're three hours early."

"I know but just hear me out first. I can't call you later because I've a meeting in Lisbon."

"I'm gonna try to slap myself awake."

[Silas readies his throat and runs a hand through his hair.]

"Great, great, great... Okay, okay..."

"Just. Ask. Her." [Jared whispers to Silas, palming his forehead.]

"Oh my god, stop. Why do you sound like you're gonna get pushed off the plane or something?"

"Because! My sweet Naya-"

"And please stop with the possessive pronoun. Is it just my cranky ass or are you so particularly annoying this morning?"

"Why? Don't you like it?"

"I don't like it when you keep calling me yours when we're..."

"What?"

"We're not... a thing."

"God...Mornings really make me say things as if I'm drunk."

"Isn't it my turn to ask you a question today?"

"I don't know... Do I look like I fucking keep track?!"

"I believe it is."

"Silas Lancaster, you are so fucking frustrating sometimes you know that?"

"What do you say?"

"I say fuck-"

"Me. I know. But before that, my question for you today is."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Now, now, don't say anything yet, I'm a little nervous, sweetheart. And a disclaimer, I'm a hundred percent sober now."

"Firstly, I really hope you don't reject me but I know you love me too much. Secondly, you're going to say how much of an arrogant wanker I am, I know. But Naya, two months was all I needed. To witness someone so unreal barge into my life."

"It doesn't matter if we're 4000 miles apart, or if we're 6 hours apart because I'll still call you whenever and wherever. I suppose none of us have done the long distance relationship thing but god, I really want to use possessive pronouns."

"What do you say Naya? You and me, a thing? I quite like the sound of that, don't you?"

"You are so fucking weird."

"I don't understand why you'd be nervous because isn't it obvious that I'd say yes."

"YES? YES! Holy shit, I feel like a contestant on Britain's Got Talent."

"All fucking four yeses and I'm all yours."

"Ah... I love you."

[She keeps silent, her face on the other side looking unamused.]

"Too soon?"

"Yup."

"I'll love you tomorrow then. Plus the day after. And the day after that."

"Naya Everton is finally mine and I feel like I'm in paradise, 39 000 feet in the sky."

[Naya cracks a tired laugh and a smile that would stay for as long as he did.]

=

NAYAAAAAAAAAAAS

-ARE YALL HAPPY NOW :)))))))-

COMMENT IF YOU ARE, YES?!

so ps: the days will fast forward a lot now and you might realise there's not going to be a lot of difference between now and then because they pretty much acted like a thing before. most importantly, the deeper things are coming so the emotions are gonna rush in from now till the end of the book :""")

-BUT IM SO THRILLED MY BABIES ARE TOGETHER NOW  (˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)-

{ T H A N K   Y O U   F O R   # 3 5 }