59. In The Flesh (Part One)

Stuck in Love- Kim Kyung Hee (Listen please!)

=7:34am, 27th July 2016=

"You're on a flight I presume? Hmm, let me guess where you're flying to..."

"Go on. Let's see if you're as smart as I think you are, sweetheart." Silas smiled ever so widely, knowing she wouldn't have known where he was right in that second.

"Mmm..." She paused and pondered for a second. Then with the utmost confidence, she answered with a tone so hopeful that it would be true.

"New Orleans?"

Silas gulped hard, his face stoned almost immediately after digesting the words she uttered. 

"Uh-"

"Probably not right?" She chuckles, brushing a hand through her hair. A weary and lethargic look clouds Naya's face. Maybe it was work that was putting a strain on her emotions or perhaps she was tired of the endless wait. Naya's three words were like knives that pierced Silas' heart through and through. 

"Soon... Very, very soon. I'll be there before you know it! In the flesh." Silas' cheery tone made her scoff. 

"Are you sure about that?" It was certain the conversation had taken a turn to somewhere Silas desperately did not want it to. 

"Of course, when have I ever lied?" 

"But how long? How long, Silas? Another day, a month, or a year?" There was a sudden hint of indignation in her voice and every word she uttered was laced with the heart-wrenching pain of the days and months she'd waited for just a moment to see him. 

Tears pooled up in Silas' eyes in an instant and it stung him. His heart writhed in an agonising torture. Hearing her say those words was not how he intended for today to be. He exhaled for a long while, covering up his sniffling and forced a smile. "I keep my promises, sweetheart... Always." 

She knew what she had said pained him but it was the truth. Perhaps their relationship was a mirage too unreal to materialise. 

"Yeah, I know you do... Anyway, I gotta run off."

Silas tried to stifle his cracking voice, "O-okay, I'll call you later." 

"It would be better if we talk tomorrow instead, I have work until late today. Okay?"

Barely whispering a reply, the call ends and Silas is distraught. Overwhelmed by the surge of pain, he kneels to the floor, barely grasping onto his suitcase. By then, tears are streaming and he clenches a fist to his chest. 

Not once before did he know he could feel what he felt, or go all the way to where he was right then. Not once before did he know phone calls could lead to something so much more passionate and dangerous; something that took control of how he felt and acted. 

But Silas did now. And he had to make sure Naya still loved him.

Slowly getting back up, he starts to call someone. The call engages and decidedly, more definite than ever, Silas speaks.

"Hello, Fiona. It seems like we have to change our plans. I don't think it can wait any longer."

=

oyea, "In The Flesh" is split into two parts, and they're not really short story styled, sorry about that! but nonetheless, i hope you guys still liked this chapter :')

im not sure when the next chapter will be out as i am really busy but i hope it will be soon! 

please do sHare clinomania if you like it, we're so close to 80K!! i am so grateful for all the support hehe lets get us back up to top 20 on SS!!

T H A N K    

Y O U   

F O R   

L O V I NG    

C L I N O M A N I A