Chapter 8

~Killua's POV~

We got to the hospital and got (Y/n) into a room.

The doctor said that she was lucky enough to be alive and that she is unconscious but we don't know when she'll wake up.

I stayed in the room and stared at her pale figure. She looked so fragile and helpless.

I started to cry and felt guilty for not protecting her more than I should. The crying went on for ages, it felt like minutes, hours and it soon became morning.

I didn't sleep, I couldn't. I didn't eat properly.

~Gon's POV~

Killua has been in that room for a week now and I'm worried because he hasn't eaten properly and he hasn't been getting any sleep.

I tried to talk to Levi but he wouldn't talk to me or anyone.

I decided to go back into the room and talk to Killua.

"Hey" I said "You okay?"

"It... hurts" he replied "I should've been there to protect her"

"You should eat"

"I don't deserve to. I don't even deserve to live"

"Killua... Don't say that. (Y/n) would want you to be strong for her. She wouldn't want to see you in this state because she loves you"

"...You're right"

He started to get up and I saw dark circles under Killua's eyes. I could tell that he had been crying non-stop and it worried me.

"I'm going out" he said and started walking away.

"Are you sure? You look really tired and you haven't eaten in da-"

"I said I'm going out"

~Killua's POV~

"I want this pain to go away but it won't. I love (Y/n) so much and she probably hates me for not protecting her the whole time"

I walked down a dark alley in the middle of the night where there was no-one to be found.

I sat on the ground and collected my thoughts together until I heard someone approaching.

I stood up and saw, what looked like, a person in a gang or something.

"Hey kid, you shouldn't be out in the streets at this time of night, y'know" he said.

He punched me and I just let him do it.

It didn't hurt but I felt like I needed to be punished, then suddenly I thought "No, I have to defend myself because this is what (Y/n) would want"

I made my nails sharp and pierced my hand through his chest then pulled it out again and walked away.

"I guess I'm doing it again. Killing... I must stay strong though. For (Y/n)"

~(Y/n)'s POV~

"Hmm... Where am I? Why can't I open my eyes?"

I heard a voice which sounded like Gon.

"(Y/n)... You probably can't hear me but I want to at least try talking to you about... Killua"

"...I wonder how he is"

"He really cares for you, I just hope that he can be strong. It hurt me when he cried for... Well, he probably wouldn't want me to tell you since it's embarrassing but he cried for a... a week"

"K-Killua... This is all my fault. Looks like we really are weak towards each other"

I felt a tear roll down my cheek and heard Gon gasp.

~Gon's POV~

"I saw a tear roll down (Y/n)'s cheek! She really can hear me. I wonder if Killua's okay at the moment, I have to tell him!"