Chapter 2 : Training!

Amberpaw woke up with a start, she were stunned and she found herself breathing heavily. She inhaled deeply then exhaled. She looked out the den as the sun shined upon Ember Clan. Then it struck her. "Training!" I meowed.
Cinderpaw, Treasurepaw and Clearpaw woke up with a start. While Darkpaw, Patchpaw, Spotpaw and Dustpaw were sleeping soundly. "Amberpaw! I was sleeping well!" Treasurepaw spat, her eyes irritated. "Because today is the day we start training!" Amberpaw exclaimed. Treasurepaw jumped while Cinderpaw purred. "I'm glad you woke us up!" Clearpaw meowed. Treasurepaw's face softened, instead of anger she was delighted. "Yeah! Sorry if I was cranky.." Treasurepaw purred.

"Oh, it's fine!" Cinderpaw replied as Amberpaw purred agreeing. "When will it start?" Clearpaw asked. "Umm.... I guess they'll just signal us. How am I supposed to know?!" Amberpaw meowed. "Right!" Treasurepaw purred. "Would you just quiet down!" Darkpaw's angry voice echoed in the den. "Sorry! Just excited about training." Clearpaw exclaimed. Darkpaw, Dustpaw, Spotpaw and Patchpaw jolted up at once."I'm glad you woke us up!" Dustpaw said. Amberpaw rolled her eyes. "Well... let's go!" Patchpaw exclaimed as all the cats ran out their den and into the clearing.

"Where are the--" "You all are early today. Excited apprentices I see!" Emberstar purred. All the apprentices nodded as Emberstar smiled. "Your mentors are getting ready. Just wait for a few moments and.." "We're here!" Cats from behind the apprentices meowed. "Yepee! Training is starting!" The apprentices cheared.

Apprentices and mentors started training how to do hunting stances. Some were being told a few tips and tricks in fightning. But Amberpaw was waaay different. "Amberpaw! The hunting stance when catching a bird is like this!" Emberstar meowed laughing. Amberpaw nodded and was determined to do it right. She mimicked exactly what Emberstar did. "Better! Now, why don't we try catching a bird!" Emberstar suggested. Amberpaw nervously nodded. "Don't worry, Amberpaw. You'll be able to hunt a bird!" Emberstar purred cheerfully.

They walked a bit deeper into the forest, then Emberstar told Amberpaw to hunt for at least one or two birds. He sat down and observed Amberpaw.

Amberpaw walked slowly, stepping very lightly. Then the heard the bushes shaking. She waited near the tree as a bird jumped out, holding a seed. Amberpaw crouched low, remembering what Emberstar had tought her. The bird foolishly came closer. Then Amberpaw pounced, landing perfectly on the birdie and sank her sharp teeth in the little bird's flesh. She brought it back to Emberstar.

'Impressive! Got it on first try. This is quite unexpected.' Emberstar thought obviously very impressed. "Well done, Amberpaw. Now, lets go back and practice a few more hunting stances. "Of course! I'm mighty excited! Come on!" She meowed excitedly as she ran back into camp followed by Emberstar.
·~·~·~·~·
"Okay, Amberpaw. Great work today. Very well done. Your good at catching squirrels and birds! But I'm not very sure about voles. Let's try training on how to catch voles." Emberstar purred. "Of course, Emberstar! I'm quite scared of those voles a bit..." Amberpaw meowed. "You shouldn't be very offensive, Amberpaw. You should also try being a bit... Defensive! You need to protect yourself from time to time." Emberstar said, heading back into the forest. "Here we go again!" Amberpaw meowed. Emberstar tries to let Amberpaw catch up to him. So sometimes she gets very lost.

Walking into the forest, Anberpaw started to have a feeling someone or something is watching her. She sniffed the air until she was able to get Emberstar's scent. She followed it until she reached a clearing. She sniffed and realized she was a bit to close to Green Clan and backed away, then followed Emberstar's scent again.

The feeling of someone watching her made her terrified. Until a thought came to her. 'What if some Green Clan members are spying on me?!' She tried pushing the horrible thought away. But she couldn't! "Emberstar?! Emberstar?!" She meowed as loud as she could. She was feeling hungrey, her stomach was rumbling over and over. "Maybe he won't mind if I catch some prey! But it's against the Warriors Code.... aarrgg!" She said, agitated. A Stone Clan apprentice hopped out of a bush and spotted her. "What are you doing in our territory!?" It said. Amberpaw looked puzzled. "What are you saying?! Your territory is way over there! Our territory is here!" She replied. The apprntice sniffed the air. "How did I get here?! S-sorry... I'm Mellowpaw. Better get going..." she said slightly embarrassed. Out of no where, Emberstar spoke up.

"You be careful where you put your paws on!" He exclaimed. Mellowpaw ran away swiftly. Emberstar looked at me and sighed. "You were so close to finding me! If that apprentice didn't show up.." he said. Amberpaw nodded and they continued training.
·~·~·~·~·
"Okay! You try to attack me while I defend myself! Then later, you defend yourself while I attack. Alright?" Emberstar meowed. Amberpaw nodded and crouched low, thinking about her strategy. Then leaped right above Emberstar and landed right behind him, then swiped her claws. But he swiftly dodged it. Amberpaw ran around and around trying to confuse him, making a cloud of dust appear.'Perfct!'

She leaped again and landed on Emberstar then swiped her claws. This time it hit him. The dust cloud was a lot of help. "Nice job. Now it's time for you to defend. Don't worry, I'll be using my paws instead of my claws." Emberstar said, impressed.

Amberpaw crouched low, her strategy planned. Then Emberstar leaped, she ran away as fast as she could barely dodging his swipe. She used the same strategy and ran around making a dust cloud. Then Emberstar leaped, landing right beside her and pinned her to the ground.

"Well done, Amberpaw. Training is done for now." Emberstar meowed. "Emberstar! Err... before we end, may I tell you something?" Amberpaw purred. Emberstar nodded and Amberpaw took a deep breath.

"You know Featherpelt? H-he was looking for the.. whatsamacallit..... the Tonteral Crystal..? Yeah.. he was slayed by Stone clan warriors.. and yeah... a Star Clan warrior told me. But never said her name. She said that it wasn't time yet."

Embetstar looked at her with sad eyes. He sighed and said : "Featherpelt was a great... great warrior. Was my brother.." he said. Amberpaw gasped and was filled with sadness. "Time to rest now. It's been a long, long day."
~·~·~·~·
Amberpaw went straight to the apprentices den, too full or sad to eat. She swirled around her moss bed and laid down, closing her eyes and drifted into a deep, dark sleep.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Hi!!! Thank you so much for reading! Hehehe! Comments and suggestions will be appreciated!
Please also :
V O T E
A N D F O L L O W
:)