Chapter 11 : Lost & Found

Amberfang was brought into a twoleg nest, which looked far away from an actual bird nest. When she was little, she had always thought that a twoleg nest would look like a bird nest. But apparently not.

She was being locked in a cage as she scratched the cage with all her might, hoping to break free. She squeezed through the tight holes, but she was just too big.

"Ugh!! What a fox-heart! Just capture me and lock me up in cage!" She hissed.

"Hey, chill. You're a pet now. You'll have good food, a comfy bed and more." A grey cat purred. A kittypet.

"Nuh-uh! I'm a clan cat! I am not staying in this place! I will escape no matter what!" Amberfang hissed in reply. It did sound tempting to stay in the twoleg nest, but she knew better.

"Well, suit yourself." The mouse-brain shrugged and walked away.

"Oh, Amberfang! What pity it is, being locked up in a cage!" Ginger teased.

"Oh you shut up, mouse-brain or else-"

"Or else WHAT?! You're locked up in there and cannot escape! What are you gonna' do? Scratch the cage until it breaks? Not happening."

Amberfang hissed, surprisingly, Ginger stepped back a bit. Then walked away accompanied by the other cat.

"Ugh. What am I going to do now?! What have I done to that fox-heart!? Geez. . ."

Amberfang kicked the cage, bit the cage, scratched the cage, but nothing happened. Then the twoleg emerged from the door and opened the cage, then poured kittypet food in a plate for Amberfang. But, she refused.

"What is wrong with this cat? Not eating cat food?" The twoleg complained. She petted Amberfang but Amberfang ran away and hid under the fluffy, red sit upon thingi.

The twoleg sighed. "Capturing wild cats is hard. I don't have any meat on me!!"

The twoleg walked away and entered his or her room again.
Amberfang emerged from the bottom of the sofa and looked around. The place looked very intriguing.

"Now, to escape. . ." Amberfang murmured.

"Nuh-uh! You are NOT gonna' escape!" A familiar voice bellowed.

"Fight me! If you lose, you help me escape, if you win. . . I will escape by myself and possibly fail." Amberfang hissed, crouching down and lashing her tail dangerously.

"I have been training for this moment!"

Amberfang leaped and caught Ginger by suprise. Ginger scratched Amberfang with all she had, Amberfang got hit, but it didn't matter. Amberfang did something she never wanted to do but did it since she was forced to. She bit Ginger as she howled in pain. Ginger shook Amberfang off, and leaped on her. Amberfang scratched Ginger's stomach which bleeded from the impact. Ginger cried in pain as she retreated into the shadows.

"Ginger! I. . . I have healing supplies. Or at least I can tell you what to do to help yourself!" Amberfang meowed, pity flowing inside of her.

She told Ginger what she had learned from Cinderwood, who was Cinderpaw before.

"Thanks. . . You can climb up the cat hotel and escape using the hole. . . But I'll get revenge next time. . ." Ginger replied.

Amberfang bid Ginger good-bye and exited. As she jumped down the wall and into the forest, she realized she didn't know where to go. The scratch that Ginger did hurt just now. She limped into the forest, sniffing for EmberClan.

She picked up a faint scent of EmberClan, she followed it for a while then it disappeared. Amberfang sighed as she looked around the muddy, dark forest. The leaves were covered in dirt and some of the trees' trunk were rotten. She walked a bit more for a while before entering an area with burned down trees and flowers. Now this looked familiar.