Chapter 10 : Blood-Spilling Clan of Rouges

Amberfang woke up to see herself still in the medicine cat's den. She sighed and stood up. Mouseleaf was already up and ready to start working.

"Mouseleaf? Can I go now?" Amberfang purred.

Mouseleaf nodded and Amberfang waved her tail saying good-bye.

She walked outside to see Dustheart and Cleartail waiting for her.

"Oh, Amberfang!! Your Okay!" Cleartail meowed happily.

"Amberfang! I was worried there. What exactly happened?" Dustheart purred.

"Well, rogues attacked us and this particular rouge scratched me at my side and. . . It started bleeding like crazy! That was weird! Who knew a scratch can do so much?" Amberfang repied.

"Well. . . He must have very sharp claws."

Dustheart nodded in agreement.

"Maybe."

The three friends departed to go their separate ways. Amberfang was greeted by Emberstar who
had a very stern and serious face. It was kinda scary, actually

"Hello, Embrrstar." Amberfang greeted him.

"Hello, good to know you're well. Anyway, the rouge that scratched you, it's. . . Well. . . A rouge from the far west. That means it's a rouge from-"

"From the Blood-Spilling Clan of Rouges." Amberfang meowed, finishing Emberstar's sentence.

He nodded.

"Yes. Which means. . . He is a rouge of my. . . Evil brother, Deathstrike. He was once called
Greytail. But, it sounded weak so he changed it." Emberstar meowed.

Amberfang's eyes widened.
Why would he tell this information to me? His brother?! Leader of the Blood-Spilling Clan of Rouges?

"Y-your brother. . . Is the leader of. . ."

"Yes. He is. Anyway. I'll organize a patrol to come with me to investigate on this. Inform Cloudstorm about this. He'll lead the clan while I'm gone."

Amberfang nodded as she headed towards Cloudstorm, who was eating near the fresh-kill pile.

"Cloudstorm?" Amberfang asked.

Cloudstorm lifted his head and looked at her.

"What?"

"Emberstar said he'll lead a patrol to investigate the rouges that is from the Blood-Spilling Clan of Rouges. He also said you'll lead the clan while he's gone." Anberfang meowed as Cloudstorm nodded, finishing his meal.

"Okay." Cloudstorm got up and jumped up the high rock to announce the news.

Amberfang sat down far away from the crowd of cats, looking around and staring into the horrizon. She realized how beautiful the sun set was. She wad now very curious about the outside world. What might happen if she escaped and ventured out in the wilderness?

Her thoughts clouded her brain that she barely heard Dustheart calling for her.

"AMBERFANG!!"

Amberfang jumped in suprise. She looked around, and realized Dustheart was calling her.

"W-what?" She purred.

Dustheart sighed. "This is my fourth time calling you now. . . What's bothering you anyway?"

"Oh! Nothing really. But anyway, what do you need?" Amberfang meowed, getting up and padded over to Dustheart, who was standing quite far away. Quite.