Chapter 4 : A destiny

Amberpaw jolted up at once, breathing heavily. "Oh... my... goodness..." she stammered. 'I can't tell anyone! Not even Orangeclaw herself. But I can't be a leader?! Can I?' She thought, but shook her head. She stood up and padded out of the den. "Emberstar! I'm so excited for training!" Amberpaw sauealed leaping on Emberstar playfully. Emberstar laughed and shook her off. She landed with a 'thud'.

"I can see your excited. But... Mouseleaf needs to see you. She didn't say why." He replied sadly. Amberpaw sighed then nodded and went to the Medicine Cat's Den. "Oh! Amberpaw. You see.. I only have little time but Stormfang told me a destiny that you will hold." Mouseleaf started. "I know. I have to try beat my mother and become leader instead of her. I had a dream and he told me. Wasn't he the former Deputy of Ember Clan?" Amberpaw meowed.

Mouseleaf was stunned but did not hesitate for long. "I have told Emberstar, but he said that Orangeclaw is too... kind and innocent. If you could convince him..." Mouseleaf eyed me. Amberpaw nodded. She understood. "I'll see you!" Amberpaw meowed waving her tail and padded out the den and to Emberstar.
·~·~·~·~·
"Soo... did she tell you about your mother being a... traitor thingi?" Emberstar asked. "Yes and it's true. I doubted Stormfang at first... but from the visions... it's gotta' be true." Amberpaw meowed sadly. "You know.. Stormfang?" Emberstar asked.

"Yes... you see, last night I had a vision. And a dream from Star Clan. Stormfang told me everything, he even told me that she... slayed him." She replied, forcing the last two words. "I see. But we have no evidence so we can't suspect her yet. Let's get on with training." Emberstar meowed firmly, heading towards the forest. Amberpaw sighed. 'Why won't he believe me? I guess it's too sudden for him..' she thought.
·~·~·~·~·~·
"You did well catching that vole.", Emberstar meowed. "Thanks, Emberstar." Amberpaw meowed proudly and happily. "Let's get some rest. You could become a great leader when you grow up.." Emberstar purred.

"Do you believe what Mouseleaf and I said a while ago?" Amberpaw asked cautiously. "No. Not until Stormfang himself will tell me. If he won't, I will let her be leader whatever you both say. She's good at that thing." Embertstar replied. Amberpaw shook her head and headed back to camp.

"Hey, Amberpaw!" Clearpaw meowed, padding towards Amberpaw. "Hi! I'm super duper excited! I heard that the Gathering will be tomorrow." Amberpaw meowed excitedly. "Yeah! I'm so psyched! Eeeek!" Clearpaw squealed. "It's getting quite late isn't it... I'm off to bed! I'm super excited for tomorrow!" Amberpaw meowed then padded to the apprentices den. She went to her moss bed then laid down, closed her eyes and went to sleep.
·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·
"Morning, Amberpaw!" Clearpaw meowed loudly. Amberpaw opened her eyes and jumped up quickly. "When is the gathering starting?!" Amberpaw exclaimed. Clearpaw laughed. "Not until later!" She meowed. Amberpaw sat back down, upset. She was soo excited she could barely wait. "Is there training?" Amberpaw asked quickly.

"Nope." Clearpaw replied, licking her fur. Amberpaw did the same, cleaning herself. Amberpaw motioned for Clearpaw to follow her. They went out the camp and near Stone Clan. But they didn't enter their territory. "Do smell it? When me and Emberstar go training, I could smell some Stone Clan warriors close by..." Amberpaw meowed. Clearpaw sniffed the air and nodded. "Yup, their near alright." Clearpaw agreed.

"Why are they so close?" Clearpaw asked. Amberpaw simply shrugged. "You think their....watching us?" Clearpaw purred. "Maybe." Amberpaw responded, sounding cautious. "Let's go back now." Amberpaw meowed turning around. Clearpaw followed her through the forest and back into the camp.

Amberpaw went to Emberstar's den and called Emberstar until he replied for her to come in. "Emberstar, me and Clearpaw have noticed that the Stone Clan's scent is near the eastern border." Amberpaw meowed. Emberstar narrowed his eyes. "I'm going to talk to Stonestar about this before the gathering starts." Emberstar meowed. Amberpaw nodded and padded out the leaders den.

'Stormfang, please help me! Help us! I have a feeling Emberstar is on Orangeclaw's side... can't he just believe me?!' Amberpaw thought pleading for guidance.
"Amberpaw, let's get ready! What if Emberstar picks us to go to the gathering." Clearpaw meowed. Amberpaw nodded and started cleaning herself. She was super excited.

Emberstar jumped on the high rock. "Alright. I will be bringing the following cats : Orangeclaw, Clearpaw, Cinderpaw, Spotpaw, Darkpaw, Treasurepaw, Mouseleaf, Greywhisker, Cloudstorm, Stringtail and Nightpelt. The rest will stay." He announced. Amberpaw was filled with sadness. She could see that Patchpaw and Dustpaw were upset too. Amberpaw walked up to Emberstar with sad eyes, hoping he just forgot her name. "Emberstar, I'm not coming?" Amberpaw asked. "I'm sorry, Amberpaw... but your not coming." He replied. Amberpaw huffed and walked away, her tail lashing dangerously. 'Uugghh! I'm his apprentice! Why didn't he bring me?!' She thought madly.

She was deep in thought that she didn't realize that Mossfoot was right in front of her. She bumped into Mossfoot and landed on the ground with a 'thud'. "S-sorry, Mossfoot! I really am!" Amberpaw exclaimed. Mossfoot smiled and helped her up. "It's alright, Amberpaw. I see you were deep in thought. Is it because you weren't able to join....?" Mossfoot meowed. Amberpaw nodded sadly. Looking down at her paws. "I don't understand WHY!!" Amberpaw exclaimed.

"I know how it feels-" "No you don't!" Amberpaw meowed, cutting Mossfoot short. "Yes I do. When I wad an apprentice, I wasn't able to go the very first gathering I was supposed to have." She purred. Amberpaw looked at Mossfoot with pitiful eyes. Mossfoot did the same. "I must go now.. I suppose you have stuff to do and I wouldn't want to disturb you." Amberpaw said, walking away.

"Amberpaw! I can't believe Emberpaw didn't bring you! Your his apprentice!" Dustpaw spat, Amberpaw could tell he was mighty angry. Amberpaw sighed. "Yeah... it's really... annoying! Ugh.. this was supposed to be my very first gathering... but... he had different plans!" Amberpaw hissed. Dustpaw groomed the back of her ears. Amberpaw did the same. It was nice how Dustpaw acted like a brother. Or.... more then that.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Hello! Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed.
C OM M E N T
V O T E
F O L L O W
All will be appreciated! I hope you enjoy. The pic. Above is Amberpaw!
-Kitty_Melody_Sparkle