Chapter 12 : Medicine Cat Mission Disaster

Amberfang watched as Cleartail padded away into the forest, droplets of water dripped from the leaves of the trees. Did it rain? Amberfang looked around her and realized clear water puddles were everywhere. It did rain.

"Hmmm. . . How come I didn't hear a thing?" Amberfang purred to herself as she stepped on one of the puddles. Oh how she wished she could play in the puddles. But she had a lot of responsibilities and must get to it!!

She walked into the Medicine Cat's den and searched for Mousefur who was behind a pile of mint-smelling herbs.

"Mousefur. . . ?" Amberfang purred.

Mousefur turned her head and greeted Amberfang. "Yes dear?" She replied.

"Can I help with anything at all? I'm getting very bored!!"

"Ahh! What timing. You see, Goldenstream is having kits. I need some willowbark to ease some pain in the headaches she's having. Will you do that, please?"

Amberfang's ears stood up in excitment. "Of course! I'll be off now!" Amberfang replied as she padded outside the Medicine Cat's den, she was actually quite glad to since the smell of herbs was too much for her nose.

She padded outside the camp in search willowbark. But where does she find some?

"Maybe I'll go. . . This way!" Amberfang decided as she padded into the direction she chose. She sniffed around and looked behind rocks and plants but couldn't find it. The worse part is. . . She didn't really like the smell of plants or herbs so it usually irritated her nose.

"Good grief. . . How about this way!" Again, Amberfang padded to the direction she chose.
She sniffed here, there, everywhere! Her nose was sooo irritated she couldn't stand it! She looked around a bit more and found a group of willowbark near a little tree. She got some willowbark and headed back into camp. She passed by foul smelling plants that smelled like poison. Yuck!

She arrived at camp, glad to be able to breathe fresh air. Plants don't usually irritate her nose when not sniffed close, but this time it did.

She padded into the Medicine Cat's den and gave the willowbark to Mousefur. Oh no, more herbs. Great.

"Thanks, if you'd like to do more, here's the last one I really need you to do, I need comfrey. Yes, it is near the riverbank which is close to Clear Clan's territory. Don't fret, there's an area a bit more farther away from the riverbank that has comfrey. One of the warriors has sores."

Amberfang nodded and went back into the forest and near the riverbank. She sniffed a bit before catching the scent of the one and only, Orangeclaw.

"Well, Amberfang. On 'Medicine Cat Helper' duty?" Orangeclaw purred mischievously.

"Yes! Why? It's really none of your buisness. I have work to
do." Amberfang replied as she started to walked away.

Orangeclaw growled and leaped on Amberfang who wasn't able to dodge it. She hit Amberfang hard on the head and everything went pure black.

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

Amberfang opened her eyes and saw. . . Ugh, it was a blur. She sat up and realized she was in the middle of the forest. She knew how to get back but the problem is. . . There were a lot of foxes and bagers in this part of the forest.

Amberfang stood up and almost panicked. How did she get here? Why is she here? Questions filled her mind when she remembered what Orangeclaw did. She growled and walked to the direction of EmberClan slowly, careful not to disturb the foxes.

Everything was good until she stepped on a stick and cracked it. Growls filled the forest. Great, foxes. She ran and foxes followed her. She ran as fast as she could and ran out of breath and climbed up a tree. Foxes surrounded the tree, snapping their mighty jaws and jumping up to try and reach her.