Chapter 10 - A Friend & A Foe

||Pius||

Looking at the way her body tensed, how her face immediately morphed into blankness, I knew this girl was someone Valeria despised.

If looks could kill, I think the girl would've been a pile of ashes already. Valeria looked like she wanted to dissolve the girl in sulfuric acid or something. And if I didn't know better, I think the girl also knew that.

Yes, I spend the better half of my life tormenting the girl (Valeria) but I know she can be a handful to deal with.

While I am still caught up in my thoughts, I see Valeria moving out of the corner of my eyes. She is breathing dragon flames. I can literally see how her nose flares, hot steam fanning her nose area.

She unconsciously snatches the IV's off her wrist and start moving for the girl.

I rush over to her, and hold her in place, calling out to her.

"Hey, Valeria?" she doesn't look or listen. It's like she is in a daze. She is fuming. I can feel her hot breathes on my face because of our uncompromising position. Me trying to hold her back. Her using all her force to move me out of her way to get to the source. "Hela, Valeria! SNAP OUT!! NOW!" I shake her body harshly, holding her in place at her shoulders with an authoritative voice I seldom use on Xavier. I know it won't work but...

It worked.

Wait... It worked?

She stops struggling, but her eyes don't stray away from the girl that just ruined our moment. I place my hands softly on both her cheeks, tilting her head up connecting our eyes. She doesn't fight me.

She obeys.

I think I stopped breathing for fifteen milliseconds. My breathe hitches the minute her chestnut eyes met my dark brown.

They are beautiful.

I've never been this close to her, feeling her, without her finding a way to free herself or bruising my balls or something. It's just us. Me and Her. I chance a glance down at her lips just for a split second. And I think I regret doing that, because...

Clears throat.

...I find myself inching closer. Her soft lips look so inviting and arousing...

Coughs.

God, who...?

And then it hits me. There is someone else in the room.

We hurriedly scamper away from each other, which ultimately lands me three feet down on the floor with a loud thud.

Ouch! That hurt.

I don't make a move to stand up. I throw my left elbow over my face and sigh.

Thanks so much for ruining our moment yet again, whoever you are.

You are such an angel.

Sense my sarcasm...

Oh, Shit!

Valeria and Madam Moment Ruin-er...

"I don't know why or how you did it, but I don't want to know." The girl opens her mouth to say something but Valeria raises a hand to stop her from uttering a word. "Don't."

Uhm. They are talking. Talking as in talking politely without the other wanting to bite the latter's head off. Although Valeria still harbors the same facial features she had two minutes ago. She looks to be getting her emotions intact.