Chapter 19 - Day In & Day Out: The Date

||Pius||

It's the first time in my life I'm this nervous. First because for the first time in my life, I want something so badly, and the last thing I want is to mess it up. To say I'm giddy and out of place will not give you the perfect interpretation. But its life. Things don't always go the way you want them to go. You just have to hope for the best. Overthinking was never and will never be the answer. It just deteriorates the mental balance of a person.

With that, I breathe in to calm my ever escalating heart to a more controllable pace. I quickly get into a pair of light blue skinny jeans ripped at the knees paired with a blue vans that have white soils and a navy blue slim fit shirt. I grab my car keys, wallet and phone and am out of my room before quickly sending a text saying that I'm on my way to Valeria.

I go down the stairs in a haste. I find my dad and Xavier eating dinner. I don't go into the dining area. Just tell them I'm going.

"Don't mess it up son." My father tells me.

"I hope not." I give him a wry look and with that I'm out of the house and into my Jeep. I back the car out of the yard and into the dark streets illuminated by the orange-yellow streetlights, zooming through them in a blur.

Arriving at her house, I quickly fish out the phone and press her number. It rings a three times before she picks up.

"Hey," she answers breathlessly. "Please tell me you're not here already."

"I'm not here already." I repeat her statement.

She huffs, "You are pulling my legs aren't you? Oh, God. I'm so not—"

"Hey, calm down. Take your time. I can wait." I cut her off.

"But—"

"No buts." I laugh. "Just... take your time and come out when you're done, yeah? I'll be waiting."

"Thanks. Will be down shortly." She breathes in relief. "Oh, God, Ndeshi I swear to god if don't stop... No. No. NOO-"And the call is ended like that. I guess the last part wasn't meant for me to hear it. But I did anyway. I just laugh at that tapping the phone on my lips in a thoughtful distant stare.

The gate opens and the guard tells me to park inside. Valeria's orders I assume. It doesn't take her long to come out and when she steps out of the house, my breathe hitches immediately.

She looks marvelous.

I unconsciously open the door and get out of it. I find myself helping her come down the stairs with an outstretched hand. I look down at her and our eyes connect. I can't stop looking at her. I just regard everything like how perfect her nose fits her beautiful face or how luscious her not-so thin lips look in red lipstick or how rosy her cheeks are. I just can't stop staring and she also doesn't look away.

"Like what you see?" she ask with a wry smile, breaking the eye-contact. She does a quick twirl for me. That gives me the opportunity to take in her look. She is wearing faded blue skinny jeans that are also ripped at the knees—showing her figure—matched with a red belt and a red stiletto. She finishes the look with a long-sleeve V-neck white blouse and a red clutch. To say she looks delicious will be an understatement because I find Pius-junior twitching, slowly waking up. I clear my throat, shaking my head to erase the images forming in my head.