Chapter 33 - Always & Forever

||Pius||

It is happening again. I’m losing him too just like I lost her—my mother.

But no. Not him too. It can’t be.

I storm through the hospital doors with my mind maximally disoriented. I don’t know what to do and what not to do not to break apart. I was on my way back home when I received the call from my dad telling me that Xavier was in an accident. Chantel called me shortly after Valeria got kidnapped that she was okay. That I apparently don’t need to worry about anything. Supposedly it’s not what and how it came across and that she—Valeria was in save hands.

Sigh!

I can still hear the words in my mind. It has been like that. On repeat. Echoing over and over in my head.

My father’s words, “Pius…” he breathes heavily on the other side. “Xavier was in an accident and it looks very bad… very, very… I don’t… I—“he hiccupps. That was it for me. Xavier. I ended the call in his ear and swerve the car around, rushing back to the hospital. I thought I’ll never go back to that place ever again after I got discharged. At least not any time soon. But how gravely mistaken I was because I’m back, running around the hospital like a mad man in search of him.

“Where’s Xavier? Xavier Starke.” I question in a panicky-one breathe. The lady looks at me weirdly with an edgy attitude. I’m not in the mood for that now. I need to see him. I need to be with him. She irks me.

“Fuck, where the hell is my brother?” I holler catching the attention of the other people in the room. “Don’t fucken play with me. I swear to god—“

“PIUS!” Someone’s voice bellows. I know that voice. I turn around swiftly, letting the attitude-y bitch alone.

It’s my grams. She’s in tears. Why is she in tears? He isn’t dying. He can’t be dying.

“Where’s he grams?” I breathe heavily. “I need to see him now. Please tell me he’ll make it. Please—“

“Pius son.” It’s my grandpa that speaks. “Be calm—“

“How do you fucken expect me to be come when my brother is dying?” I shout. “Where the hell is he? Where—“

“Pius—“

“Fuck, stop calling my name and take me to him. Now.” I utter coldly. My grandma sniffles exchanging a look with her husband.

“And you stop flippen crying now.” I hiss at my grams. “He isn’t dying. You’re cursing him. You’re… no.” I start stalking down the hallway with them at my trail.

“Where?” I swallow. “They’re in surgery, right?” None of them answer my question. They’re also emotionally tormented. I don’t know why I am being an arse to them. But he’s my better half. I can’t and I won’t lose him. They finally speak up and tell me the room number.

My first thought; why the fuck is he in a room? Isn’t he supposed to be in surgery? He should be in surgery. I turn my gaze and narrow my eyes infernally at them.

“Why the fuck is he not in surgery?” They don’t speak up. It’s like they’re afraid of me finding out something that will… I don’t know. I look at them expectantly once, twice, then huff, moving my legs in haste in the direction of the said room.