Part 1

Arnav fell on her, his breathing ragged. Still floating in the ecstasy lingering on his senses, he buried his face in her neck, finding heaven.

"You love me .."

Arnav felt her soft hands tightened around his shoulder as he heard her say that. Composing his scattered senses, he kissed her neck and lifted his face to look down at her. Her swollen lips were parted, loved thoroughly. Her dark hair was spread like a cloud on the pillow. Her breathing was slightly uneven, and eyes tired. And that beautiful content smile that almost brings him on the verge of confessing his feelings. But he can't do that. The fear is too strong to give in such temptations.

"No ...I.. I " he dipped his head and captured her lower lips between his teeth, nibbling softly. "I just like you ..."

"Lair.." she accused him, her drowsy eyes trying hard to keep upright.

"No ..I never lie ..."

"L.I.K.E - love" Khushi yawned.

"No. L.I.K.E- like .." Arnav said, and chuckled as he saw her asleep already. I love you.His heart confessed. Taking her in his arms, he laid back on the bed.

Arnav was about to pull the blanket to cover them when he heard a knock on the door. His sat straight, alert. Picking the trouser from the floor, he wore it and secured the blanket around Khushi. Getting up from the bed, he walked towards the door and opened it. His tensed shoulders relaxed as he saw the person in front of him. Before he can say anything, he saw him taking timid steps inside the room and walking towards Khushi's side.

"Abeer?" he called softly. "What happened? Come here..." Arnav went and stood in front of him. Their love making has worn her out, and he don't want to disturb her sleep.

Abeer looked at his mother for few seconds before hesitantly walking towards his Father.

Arnav picked Abeer and held him to his chest. "What happened, Abeer?" He asked as he settled on the bed.

Abeer sat on his Father's lap, straddling his hips. "Papa, I don't want to sleep alone.."

Arnav frowned. "And why is that?"

"There is a monster looking at me from the window. He will come and eat me, Papa"

Arnav stared at him for few seconds before chuckling. "Monster? There's no such thing, Abeer. Did you see any nightmare?"

Abeer nodded his head. "Big monster... going to eat me .." he shuddered in fear.

"Shh... it's nothing ... go to sleep, then I will drop you to your room."

"No.. " he circled his arms around his Father's neck. "I don't want to sleep alone. I want to sleep with you, Papa..."

Arnav looked at Abeer and then at the sleeping Khushi, hesitant. It has been 2 and a half year Khushi entered his life and everything changed for better. But few things are still the same. The fear of losing everyone is still lurking from behind all the happiness, the fear is still not allowing him to confess his feelings to Khushi. He looked at Abeer. The fear is still not allowing him to love Abeer with all his heart, it isn't allowing him to give him the unconditional love Khushi gives him. Oh, how much he wants to get away from his fears, but it isn't happening. The fear has taken a permanent place in his heart.

"Papa, I don't want to go back ..."

Arnav looked at the sweet face of his son. Flipping his hair back from his forehead, he nodded at him. "Sleep with me then.." lying back on the bed, he held Abeer on his chest. "Sleep now. No monster is coming after you.." he kissed his hair. "Sleep.."

Abeer closed his eyes and snuggled more into his Father's warm chest, knowing well, even if the monster came, his Papa will save him.

"Khushi, quit playing with Abeer and come out fast. I don't have whole day here!" Arnav chided for the nth time. They have to go to Doctor for routine check-up, and he knows his wife is delaying it on purpose.

"Hum aa rahe hain! Can't you wait?" Khushi shouted back as she ducked the water splashed at her. She giggled, splashing water on her Son. "Now, we should stop, Ebu warna Papa will come and drag us both outside.."

"Ok, Amma." Ebu agreed.

Picking him from the bathtub, she kept him on the floor. Drying him off with the help of towel, she wrapped the towel around his waist and kissed his cheek. "Now, go. Tell Papa to dress you up, I will be out in few minutes"

"OK, Amma" Ebu ran out of the bathroom.

Arnav stopped the car in the parking lot and come out of the car. Walking across, he opened the backside door and unbuckled Abeer's seatbelt. "You guys are so careless. I have a meeting in 2 hours, but all you guys care about is playing in the bathtub" he murmured his annoyance as he picked Abeer in his arms and opened the front door for Khushi.

"Papa, are you angry?" Abeer asked as he rested his soft palm against his Father's cheek.

"No.." he took Khushi's hand and started working towards the hospital building.

"Then why are you scolding?"

Khushi giggled, earning a glare from her husband. Biting her lips to stop the giggle, she averted her eyes from him. She enjoys both sides of her husband. When he is alone with her, he becomes a loving husband, who listens to her and answers her every query with great patience. But once they are out of their room, he becomes a dominating husband who wants to control each and everything around him.

"Why do we need to come for check-up every month, Arnav ji?" Khushi asked as they entered the waiting room.

"Because it's needed.."

Khushi pouted as they took the seat. "It's not needed.." she said in a small voice.

"I don't want to argue, Khushi.." his tone warning.

"I don't want to argue, Khushi." she mimicked him and took Ebu from his arms.

Arnav glared at her. "You better stop with your childish behavior, I don't like it."

"But I love you..." she fluttered her eye lashes at him.

"What the.."

Khushi giggled and leaned near his ears. "Love you love you love you ..."

Arnav shifted back, red hue spreading on his neck. "Shut up, Khushi and behave.."

"Hum toh ..."

"Amma, her stomach is so big.."

Khushi stopped and looked down at Ebu. "What?"

Abeer pointed towards the entrance. "See her stomach, Amma."

Khushi looked towards the entrance to see a heavily pregnant lady. Khushi giggled, but sobered quickly as she saw the lady walk towards her and sit on the seat beside her. She looked down at Ebu. "Shh Ebu ... She has a baby inside her tummy, that's why her stomach is big" she whispered to him.

"Hmm" he nodded his head in understanding.

Khushi kissed his hair. "Good boy." She smiled and looked at Arnav ji to only have her smile vanished. He looked white like a ghost. "Arnav ji, what happened?" She kept her hand on his shoulder. And before she can ask anything else, he got up and strode towards the washroom

Arnav entered the washroom and closed the door, his heart thudding violently. A sudden nausea hitting him hard, making his stomach lurched to his throat. He ran towards the wash basin and emptied his stomach violently.

Lifting his face, he looked in the mirror, his throat burning like a fire. He closed his eyes and tried to avoid another bout, but all he could see was his pregnant sister withering in pain, and he stood there helplessly looking at her as she left him. An anguish like never felt before washed over him, urging him to roar like a wounded lion. He threw up violently. At last feeling as if nothing was left inside him to keep him upright.

He opened the tab and lifted his limp hands to splash some water on his face. He stared at his reflection in the mirror. He hates the sight of pregnant women. He hates the terrifying emotions the sight of them brings. He hates it!

Don't forget to vote!