Part 5

He just sat there, staring at the wall. She left him? Just like that? She said he is being impossible...was he? Like hell he is! His insides burning with rage, he caught the bedsheet and threw it away. Can't she see how much he depends on her? Can't she see he can't live without her? Can't she see how much she means to him? No she doesn't! How can she leave him if she knew all that? All he asked was to get rid of the ...the...the..

"Dammit!!" He roared. No! He can't live with this fear. He can't lose her! She has to listen to him. And listen she will!

Picking his car keys, he raced outside.

"Arnav! Arnav !"

He heard his name being called, but the rage which consumed him didn't allowed him to act upon it. He just strode forward, towards her room.

"Arnav!" This time he felt a firm grip on his arm, and he stopped.

"Buaji?"

"What is the matter with you, Arnav?" She asked. She had heard a crying and sobbing Khushi's side of the story, and now she wants to hear what her son-in-law has to say. "We need to talk" she said to him.

"I want to talk to Khushi" he said firmly.

"No! You are not upsetting her more. We need to talk first" she replied in an equally firm tone.

He faced her and folded his hand on his chest. " Talk then"

"Did you really asked Khushi to abort her child?"

"Yes, I did."

Her wide eyes stared at him. " What?! How can you even suggest something like that.. Arnav are you even listening to yourself? Do you realize what you are asking? You are asking her to kill your child.. How can you even think that" Her accusing glare fixed at him. And for a nano second she saw some emotion flutter in his eyes, and just like that, it vanished, leaving it cold again.

"I can, and I will!" He answered. He just need Khushi, Khushi and Khushi! And anyone who threatens that, needs to go away. If others can't understand his need, then he is really not interested in explaining to them.

"I know you love, Khushi .. " Buaji said, as if reading his thoughts. "And I know you are afraid after whatever happened to your sister. But you have to understand Arnav that your sister was weak, she was still mourning her husband's death. She must have been a emotional wreck. All these affected her pregnancy. Khushi is perfectly fine. All she needs is your support and love, and I promise you Arnav she will be fine. Dont cause her any distress"

His resolve faltering a bit, he said, " No! I just can't! You have to understand me. I just can't, it makes me sick. I just can't stand pregnant women. Please convince her"

Buaji shook her head. " I won't do any such thing, Arnav. It's your fear, fight it. You can't kill a innocent baby just because you fear something which is not likely to happen. And if you have nothing else to say to her other than to abort the baby, then I suggest you leave. You and I both know Khushi won't do what you are asking her to, so leave her alone till you came around accepting the truth. No need to distress her more than she already is. Leave." Pulling him towards the door, she pushed him outside and closed the door.

Buaji pushed the door opened and entered Khushi's room. She sighed as she saw Khushi's pale face. This isn't good, not at all. She needs to do something, and soon. Walking towards the bed, she sat beside Khushi.

"Khushi?"

Khushi lifted her teary eyes to look at her Buaji. "You heard him Buaji ... I ...I don't know what to do ... What am I supposed to do?" She sobbed.