Part 20

Khushi listened as Arnav talked to their 9 months old daughter, and couldn't help chuckling. As small talks desert him, he had found this new way of conversing with his daughter. Once he is back from the office, and freshen ups, he will sit with his daughter on his lap and talk about his day in the office. From the new design he and his team are working on to the new big deals they are cracking, he doesn't leave out a single detail. And his daughter, just 9 months old, listens to him with rapt attention, as if understanding everything. In between, replying to her father with her "blah blah ..boo" With her big doe-like eyes – something Arnav insists she has got from her- she stares up at him with so much attention that Khushi can't help but wonder if she actually understands everything her father is telling her.

"I think I liked the new ideas my team presented today. I think I will show you the designs. You can share your opinion then." Arnav looked down at his daughter, with an all seriousness of a businessman.

"Boo... booo.."

Khushi got up from the opposite side of the couch and walked towards them. "You might as well get her a 3-piece suit and dress her like yourself. And then you two can go to the office together : discussing new ideas, new designs, new deals, and what not. "

Arnav furrowed at Khushi. "Do I say anything when you discuss your recipes with Abeer?", Arnav questioned.

Khushi rolled her eyes. "Abeer is almost 6 years old, for your kind information. He actually understands what I say."

"What makes you think she doesn't understand me?" Arnav countered.

Khushi did another round of 'rolling her eyes'.

"Arnav, you are impossible. I give up. You can continue talking business with your 9 months old daughter."

"Thank you very much.", he dismissed Khushi and again concentrated on his daughter. "So where were we? Yes the new designs. Come, I will show you.", saying that he stood up, with his daughter in his arms.

"In an hour, it will be your dinner time and your daughter's bedtime.', Khushi called out as her husband started towards the stairs.

"Yes, I will be there on time."

Khushi shook her head at him and walked towards the Kitchen.

Pulling the blanket over the sleeping Ebu, she took her daughter in her arms and exited Ebu's room. Instead of singing lullabies separately to them, she huddles them both together, and once they are asleep, she kisses Ebu goodnight and carries her daughter back to her room.

Khushi entered her room to see Arnav sitting with his laptop, all concentration on typing away something. She walked towards the cradle, that was place on the right side of the bed, and carefully placed her daughter inside. Covering her properly, she went and sat on the bed.