Part 2

"Amma, are you mad at me?" Ebu asked as he laid on his Amma's back and hugged her.

"No, baby...Why I will be angry with you?" Khushi asked, her eyes closed. She was feeling so sleepy and tired.

"Then why are you not playing with me?" Ebu asked and buried his face between her neck and shoulder.

"I...I am feeling little sleepy, Ebu.." And exhausted, too. Khushi thought. But she knows Arnav ji was sitting on the recliner, and if she says anything about her health, it will be enough to send him into panic mode. She can do without a panicked Arnav ji.

"But you never sleep at day time." Ebu said.

"Hmm...I know ... I am still sleepy ...you too take rest. Come here..." she pulled him down on the bed and held him close.

Ebu sulked. "But Amma, I want to play...please play with me?"

Khushi opened her eyes and stared at his dear face. She smiled. She remembered the cranky little baby Nani had placed in her arms. He had become dearest to her the moment she had seen him, felt him. People say he is not her Son. But they don't know what she feels for him. They don't know how much she loves him. They don't know what he means to her. They don't know how much he loves her. They don't know her baby stays up whole night when she is not well, taking care of her. They don't know anything. Then how can they judge their feelings? Why should she bother about what people have to say? Abeer is her Son, only her.

She kissed him and held him close. "Amma loves Ebu.. Amma will do anything for Ebu .." pulling him back, she caressed back the strand from his forehead. "We will play. Come" Getting off the bed, she picked him in his arms. "Ask Daddy if he wants to play with us.." Khushi whispered in Ebu's ear.

"Daddy , would you play with us?"

Arnav's finger stopped working on keypad and he turned his head to look at Khushi and Abeer.

"No, I have some work." Arnav replied and went back to his work.

Khushi's smile dropped from her face.

"Daddy don't want to come, Amma." Ebu said and smiled at her.

Khushi nodded her head and turned to leave the room, Ebu's smile bothering her. He isn't upset with his Father's refusal. He is content with her. She don't want that. She want Ebu to love Arnav ji the way he loves her. The way he craves for her, nags her, she want him to do all these with his Father too. But, neither he nor Arnav ji behave like a normal Son and Father. Ebu talks with Arnav ji when she asks him to, or when he needs something from him. Arnav ji never initiate the conversation with Ebu, and his answer to Ebu is always monosyllabic.

It's like Arnav ji has build an invisible wall around him, hiding himself from Ebu, and Ebu has become accustomed to it. She don't want that. She wants Ebu to be as free and comfortable with Arnav ji as he is with her. She needs to talk to Arnav ji soon.

"Amma, catch!" Ebu shouted and threw the ball towards her, standing at little distance from her.

Khushi extended the hand to catch the ball, the heat of the sun making her feel light headed. She threw the ball back at Ebu.

"Amma throw properly!" Ebu complained. Khushi smiled. When he can't catch the ball, it's she not throwing the ball properly.

Khushi caught the ball and lifted her hand to throw it when everything went black momentarily. She staggered back. She caught her suddenly heavy head between her palms and knelt down on the grass.

"Amma, what happened?!" Abeer ran towards his Mother and knelt in front of her. "Amma, kya hua?"

"Baby, can you call your Daddy.." Khushi swallowed. "My head is spinning..."