Prologue

P R O L O G U E

"Miss, are you alright?" Someone asked as Ha Jin fell onto the floor, her legs finally giving out. She continued to stare at the drawings displayed on the walls, her heart wrenching each time she recalled the bittersweet memory she had behind each of the drawings. "Miss?"

Ha Jin rubbed her tears away with her sleeves and forced herself to stand up. "I'm alright, thanks for your concern." Ha Jin smiled as she looked up at the person and when she had a good look, she immediately gasped. "Ji Mong!"

The guy who looked in his late-thirties grinned a little at her reaction. "Miss, this is a museum, so it wouldn't be appropriate for you to increase your voice here. And, did you call me Ji Mong?"

Ha Jin blushed instantly at his statement. "I'm sorry.. but.. you reminded me of someone I used to know. Heh."

The friendly looking guy grinned again. "Well, we did meet earlier just now when you were promoting about the cosmetics your company sells. You gave me a good scare back there when you nearly fainted."

"Right," Ha Jin chuckled as she blushed again, "I'm alright now, thank you. Sorry for scaring you."

The guy scanned the room as the corner of lips twitched upwards. "You're interested in these drawings? I can explain the background stories of them to you, if you want. I'm pretty good at history you know, especially in this particular era." He gestured his head towards the drawings while speaking.

Ha Jin smiled weakly and shook her head. Flashbacks of herself living as Hae Soo played through her mind like a movie. "No thanks, I know the history of this era very well in my heart."

The guy watched her took a step towards the drawing of King Gwangjong, and smiled sadly when she raised her hand towards the painting, only to retreat it back when her hand was only a millimeters away from the drawing. He took out a business card from his wallet and tapped Ha Jin's shoulders.

Turning around, Ha Jin looked at the card and asked. "I don't mean to be rude but... what is this for..?"

"It's my business card. Contact me whenever you want to talk about it." The guy pointed at the king's portrait this time.

"I-"

"Take it, Go Ha Jin-ssi." The guy placed the card onto her tiny palm. "I'm sure you will be contacting me soon. Remember, I'll always be here if you want to talk about this."

Ha Jin glanced at the card, and then smiled. "Okay then, I'll keep this card safe at all times."