Chapter 2

C h a p t e r  T w o

"Wait, you're saying that you saw..what?"

Ha Jin sighed while rubbing her temples. "I know, it sounds crazy but I really saw them! One looks exactly like the 10th prince and another looks exactly like the 8th prince! And, they're brothers. BROTHERS!" Ha Jin felt the need to emphasize the last word. Mr Kim rubbed his face roughly as he processed the things Ha Jin had told him just a few seconds ago.

After meeting her CEO yesteday, her mind jumbled up into a complete mess as she struggled her way home. In a blur state, she left the company, hollered a taxi, gave directions to the taxi driver, arrived at her small apartment, searched for her door keys and unlocked the door. She vaguely remembered that the first thing she had done upon arriving home was to search for the card given by a guy who looked similar to Ji Mong in the museum. After ransacking her house, she finally found the crumpled card which was thrown into a drawer of waste paper and immediately called the number written on it.

And that's why both Ha Jin and Mr Kim from the museum were now seated at a small café near the museum he worked in. Mr Kim did mention that he was sure that she would be contacting him soon. Although two years wasn't that soon.

"I know that you were Ji Mong during the Goryeo era. Am I wrong?" Ha Jin questioned with a serious look plastered on her face.

Mr Kim glanced at her incredulously. "Ji Mong? As in the King's astronomer- Choi Ji Mong? You must be nuts, miss."

"Impossible! If you are not Ji Mong, then why would you ask me to contact you 'soon'?"

"I told you, I'm an expert in the Goryeo era, not a time traveller. Though I would like to travel back in time to observe what happened back then." Mr Kim rubbed his chin while he spoke. "Never mind that. Back to our topic, you said that you saw two guys who looked like Prince Eun and Prince Wook. Right?"

Ha Jin nodded furiously.

"Maybe you've mistaken them for Prince Wook and Prince Eun. Or maybe the guys you met were reincarnations of our beloved princes." Mr Kim joked, but Ha Jin thought about what he had said seriously.

Reincarnations? That might be true!

Mr Kim stared at her incredulously again. "You do know that I was just joking right?"

Ha Jin laughed dryly. "Yes, of course. But if it's like what you have said, if the princes were reincarnated into our world, from their perspectives, I would be a stranger to them right?"

"I guess you can put it that way..." Mr Kim eyed her with an eyebrow raised as he stirred his cup of coffee that was already cold.

"So...does that mean that he won't be able remember me anymore?" Ha Jin muttered to herself, her heart being torn into pieces once again.

"Who?" Mr Kim suddenly asked, causing Ha Jin to jump a little.

"N-no one. Did I say anything?" Ha Jin chuckled nervously, worried that Mr Kim might had heard what she had said.

"Miss, if you are to meet them again, just pretend that you didn't know them in their past lives. Trust me, sometimes learning how to ignore works the best."

Ha Jin raised an eyebrow skeptically at Mr Kim. He definitely sounds like how Ji Mong would reply back then. Ha Jin wanted to ask more but dismissed it as she knew that if the Mr Kim she was speaking now to used to be the Choi Ji Mong she knew, he wouldn't deny the fact but would still pretend not to know anything.