Chapter 20

C h a p t e r  T w e n t y

With the autumn breeze caressing her face and her long wavy hair, Seo Hyun strolled on a busy street in Seoul as she headed towards where Hyuk had told her to go in a message he sent to her.

Hyuk the Demon : Eh ugly! Come to ______ at 5.30pm tomorrow. If you're late, I'm gonna kill you.

"Why am I even here? That demon called you ugly." Seo Hyun mumbled to herself. Shivering a little, she pulled her knitted scarf a little upwards to cover her nose and mouth, and stuffed her cold hands into the pockets of her long gray coat that reached her knees and hurried her footsteps towards her destination.

"I'm genie for your wish." A mellifluous voice sang, causing her to stop in her tracks.

The unknown yet slightly familiar voice had such a deep but yet attractive voice that had unknowingly cause Seo Hyun to search for the owner of the voice in the sea of people. Tip-toeing, she whirled around and searched, and stopped at a melee of people that were surrounding at something.

Geuraeyo nan nul saranghae

Unjaena miduh ggoomdo yuljungdo da joogo shippuh

Nan geudae sowoneul ilyuhjoogo shipeun (shipeun) hengoonae yeoshin

Sowoneul malhaebwa (I'm genie for you, girl)

Sowoneul malhaebwa (I'm genie for your wish)

Sowoneul malhaebwa (I'm genie for your dream)

Naegaeman malhaebwa (I'm genie for your world)

Sowoneul malhaebwa

"Hyuk-ssi?" Seo Hyun gasped silently when she realized that it was him that had been singing the famous girl group's song acoustically with only a guitar and a mike on a stand.

She stood among the crowd that were gathered to watch him perform as he sang the next song wonderfully, hitting both high and low notes perfectly without any mistakes. Engrossed with his beautiful voice, Seo Hyun shut her eyes and just like the others, she perked her ears up and listened to him sing, muffling all the sounds made by the sirens in the distance and the whispers the passers-by exchanged with one another.

"Seo Hyun-ssi? Is that you?" Her eyes shot wide opened when her name was mentioned suddenly through the speaker. Glancing up, she stared with a dumbfounded look at Hyuk who was looking at her with a smile on his face. "Annyeong."

All eyes were on her. And she was hundred percent sure her face was as red as an overly-ripen tomato.

"Is she his girlfriend?"

"Oh man, I was hoping that he's single so I can have a chance with him."

"She's cute."

"Ya! Stop zoning out and come out here." Hyuk gestured, and chuckled at her baffled expression. Seeing that she was still frozen on her spot, instead of her going to him, he stood up from his seat, took three big steps towards the front, grabbed her wrist and yanked her out of the crowd.