Chapter 22

#np in my playlist : Miracles in December by EXO (nope I'm not crying)

* * *

C h a p t e r  T w e n t y - T w o

Just like any other normal day, Hyuk, dressed in a black sweater with a tiny spotted cat print on the left corner and a pair of jeans along with a thick coat that matched his entire outfit, decided to surprise his girlfriend who was working as a receptionist at a company in the city.

Clutching onto the bouquet of roses he bad bought on the way there, he sniffed the flowers and grinned like an idiot. Walking into the building, his eyes automatically scanned the unfamiliar surrounding and searched for the only face he knew there.

Wandering around, he halted his footsteps behind a wall when he heard Seo Hyun's voice. A smile was immediately formed on his face, and he was about to turn the corner and surprise her when her voice stopped him.

"Appa! I told you I'm doing my job well, stop nagging me!"

Seo Hyun? Hyuk furrowed his eyebrows while hiding the bouquet of flowers behind him.

"I'm just ensuring you that you're not neglecting your job since you seem to be a little too close with the boy." A deeper voice replied.

Who are they talking about? Hyuk felt uncomfortable all of a sudden.

"It's my own business whether I truly love him or not, appa. Just leave me be!" Seo Hyun sounded frustrated, and honestly, it was Hyuk's first time to see (or hear) this side of her.

"Tsk. You seem to have really fallen for him. He's our enemy! Engrave that deeply into your mind! Your job is to get close to him, and get the necessary information we need and then disappear! Is it so hard for you to do so? Our company is facing a crisis right now, Seo Hyun. The last thing I need is for you to be crying and begging me for your stupid love issue."

Hyuk whirled around and pretended to admire the huge oil painting that was hung on the wall when Seo Hyun's dad, he presumed, passed him by without giving him any attention. He stole a glance and felt shivers down his spine when he saw how huge and intimidating her dad was, with an aura that screamed 'touch me and you'll die' as he walked.

"Hyuk?" The boy turned around and smiled gently at the girl whose eyes were opened to the size of walnuts. "What are you doing here? How long have you been here?!"

"I have just reached." Hyuk lied while handing her the flowers with an outstretched arm. "For you, my lady."

"Don't be so extra, idiot." Seo Hyun's once frowning face was now curving upwards, and it was evident that her eyes were glistening with tears, but Hyuk knew not to ask her about it, since... he now knew the reason why.

Do you truly love me? Or am I just a tool for you?

"You love surprises, so I gave you one." He tilted his head and shot her a lopsided smile.

"Pabo." Seo Hyun grinned weakly as she held onto the flowers for her dear life. She didn't want this moment to end.

"Who is that humongous man? He looks terrifying." Hyuk pointed at her dad who was talking to some staff at the lobby, and observed her reaction.