Chapter 3

C h a p t e r  T h r e e

"Stop embarrassing yourself, aish!"

"Is this my life now? Getting tangled up between these guys again?"

"This is unfair! All I wanted was to have a new life!"

Outside Ha Jin's office, a melee of people were gathered in a half moon shape. They were all wondering why on earth was the newly hired Head Manager talking to herself.

"Maybe she watched too much dramas." Someone suggested and the rest giggled.

"Or maybe she hallucinates a lot?" The group of people snickered at that comment.

"Or maybe you guys want to get fired?" Someone with a deep voice suddenly commented, causing the group to turn to glare at whoever had said that.

"C-CEO-nim!" One of them stuttered when she saw that Ha Neul was standing behind them with his arms crossed. Without another word, the group immediately dispersed and rushed back to their seats. After scanning the working area, Ha Neul exhaled in disappointment and knocked Ha Jin's office door.

"C-come in!" Ha Neul resisted himself from laughing again when he heard Ha Jin stammer. While opening the door, he cleared his throat and put on a poker face before entering the room. "What are you doing?"

Ha Jin stared at Ha Neul with an obviously forced smile on her face. Her desk was in a mess, with her Macbook on the left upper corner and papers scattered around the entire desk (some falling onto the carpeted floor along with her used paper cup). Realizing the mess, she clumsily stacked the pile of papers together and dusted invisible dust on her desk.

"Hi, CEO-nim." Ha Jin said with her cheeks as red as tomatoes.

Ha Neul was dumbfounded at the sight he was seeing. Unable to control himself anymore, he burst into laughter and within a few seconds, his poker face had returned with his lips still twitching upwards.

"I certainly wasn't expecting your workplace to be this...erm...tidy." Ha Neul joked, but Ha Jin thought that he was being serious and giving a sarcastic remark.

"I didn't know where to file these papers, so they were everywhere." She noticed the little hill of papers on the floor and added, "I'll tidy it now, I apologize for being not professional at work."

Ha Neul realized that he had made her upset again for the umpteenth time within these two days, so without thinking, he blurted out 'Do you want to have dinner later together?'.

Surprised, Ha Jin replied with her eyes widen. "Huh?"

"Oh, I mean, you know, together with my brothers. You saw Hyun that day, so I think maybe..you want to..join us? What I'm trying to say is that- I mean- argh!" Ha Neul, with his face redder than the setting sun,  facepalmed himself for stuttering nonstop. Ha Jin stared at him with amused look. "You know what, forget it. I was just stopping by to see how you're adapting to this place. And try not to talk to yourself when you're alone, okay?" Ha Neul beamed as he turned to unlock the door again to leave.

Ha Jin's face turned a shade redder again when she realized her mistake. "Oh god. You heard everything?"

Ha Neul shrugged mischievously. "I don't know. Maybe?"