Chapter 3

That night I dreamt of the mysterious ghost boy. My dream didn't reveal any information that could help though. Even if did it still would have been just a dream. It all would have been fake.

I was running late to school. I ran out the door into an alley where I went ghost. Flying was quicker than walking. When I got to school I found a place to hide. I checked to make sure no one was around and then I changed back. I ran into first period just as the bell rang. I made it!

"Running late today?" Sam joked.

"Yeah just a bit." I replied. Then I saw my breath again. Why was I seeing my breath!? I was sweating! I wasn't cold at all! Was this something to do with my ghost abilities? I wished I had someone to talk to about this.

Danny seemed to notice my breath. "Are you cold?" He asked.

"I must be." I didn't know what else to say. He didn't seem satisfied with that answer but he didn't say anything else.

The class period seemed to drag on forever! Finally when the bell rang I raced out the door. I had never been so happy to get out of a room before. I felt like Danny had been staring at me all hour.

I wasn't paying attention though as usual and the next thing I knew my face was smashed on the ground. I looked up to see laughing faces. "Oops." a girl wearing a pink shirt with a stupid accent said as if she were innocent. This was just fantastic. I had been in school for two days and I was already a target. Great. I got up and shot her a glare. In pretty sure my eyes turned green for a split second. They had a weird habit of doing that when I got angry.

DANNY'S POV

"Did you guys see that?" I asked.

"What? Paulina trip the new girl?" Tucker replied.

"Yeah but not just that. Did you see her breath in class? She brushed it off as being cold but she was sweating. And when Paulina tripped her. Her eyes turned green." Tucker and Sam looked clueless.

"No. Danny, I think you're seeing things. You're probably just tired. You've had a lot of late nights lately." Sam said.

"No! I swear! It was there!" I defended myself.

"I think you need some sleep, dude." Tucker responded.

I stalked off. If my friends weren't going to help me figure this out then I'd have to do it myself.

I walked over to Ashley. "Do you want to hang out at my house with my friends and I after school?" The only way to find out the information I needed was to spend time with her.

"Um, sure. That'd be cool." She seemed nervous.

"Alright, see you then." I walked away.

**********

What do you think is going to happen at Danny's house? Do you think he'll learn Ashley's secret or she'll learn his? Will they both learn? Or something completely different? Comment your ideas! Thanks for reading! <3
-Aly