Chapter 14

ASHLEY'S POV

I pulled my body from the floor and took a deep breath. Now or never. I thought.

I went to the back wall, the furthest from the door, and got in a running position. I said a quick prayer and then took off towards the door. I braced myself for the bone crushing impact that didn't come. Instead the door opened upon my weight. I stood dazed outside my cell. I was out...I was out! There were guys in white running past me not paying any attention whatsoever to my presence. I had never felt this free in forever!

My excitement had caused me not to pay attention to what was going on around me because the next thing I knew, I was on the ground.

"Hey watch where you're going!" I squeaked at the black haired girl who had knocked me down.

"Ashley?!" The girl yelled.

"Who are you?" I questioned. This goth chick seemed to know me yet I had no clue who she was.

"You don't remember me?" She asked.

"No?" I was confused.

"I'm Sam...we went to school together." She replied.

I just shook my head. This whole memory loss thing was just a little...actually really annoying.

Just then an ecto-gun was fired in my direction but the goth chick pulled me out of the way.

"We need to move." She stated before there was another chance to be shot at.

We ran down the corridors dodging blasts and hiding from Guys in White until we reached a safe spot to talk.

We stood there for a few moments catching our breath before Sam spoke up.

"Alright...you really have no idea who I am?"

I shook my head.

"Okay...do you who Danny is?" She asked.

"Yes..." I replied.

"Really!? Is he here? Do you know where he is?" She cut me off.

"I don't know where he is. He was in the cell next to mine but then they moved him." I decided to leave out the specifics since we probably didn't have much time.

"Do you have any idea where they keep other patients?" She asked making air quotations around the word patients.

"No idea." I answered.

"Dang...I guess we just run around and look into every room and try to find him." Sam suggested.

"Sure." I shrugged.

"Alright, let's go."

**********

Short chapter I know. Please don't hurt me!

If Sam and Ashley find Danny in the next chapter, do you think he'll be okay or do you think he'll suffer from memory loss like Ashley? Or maybe something completely different?

As always please let me know what you think! Your comments make me smile!

Thank you!

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow!

<3

-Aly