Chapter 8

The crash shook the building. I stumbled backwards onto my butt. What was that? I wondered.

I heard noises entering the hallway. I looked back out my window. Big men dressed in white raced down the hallway carrying something. I couldn't tell what it was because it was covered.

"Hurry up! We need to get him locked away before he wakes up!" One of the men barked.

Him? He? Why did they have a person? I questioned in my head. One of the guards looked in my direction and I ducked down before he could see me.

The men tossed the body into the cell next to mine and locked it up. There was another small window that connected my cell to the one next to mine. I rushed over and looked. The body laid there unmoving on the ground. It was a boy. He looked to be about my age. He looked strangely familiar but I couldn't figure out why.

Who was he?

A few minutes later the boy started to stir. He sat up and looked around. He was in a daze. I tapped on the window to get his attention. It worked. He looked my way. He squinted his eyes as if he was trying to get a better look at me. He seemed confused for a moment but then something seemed to register in his mind. "Ashley?" The boy asked. I was shocked. "How...do...you...know... my...name?" I struggled to get out the words. "It's me. Danny." the boy replied. The name sounded so very familiar but I had no memories to go along with it. I stood there with a confused look on my face.

"You don't remember me, do you?" The boy who I now knew as Danny asked.

I shook my head and he sighed.

There was a long pause before I spoke. "Why...are...you...here?"

Danny didn't say anything for a minute. Then these two rings appeared around his torso and changed his black hair to white and his blue eyes to green.

I gasped. "You're...like...me!"

"I am? You're half ghost too?" Danny questioned.

I nodded my head. I tried to show him but I couldn't. The rings appeared and then fizzled away.

"What did they do to you?" Danny sounded alarmed. I showed him my scars. "You're an experiment." He stated. "And...you...will...be...too." I informed him.

"What are you doing!?" A man ripped Danny from the window. "No talking to it!" Then two more men appeared and strapped him to a moving table. They rolled him out.

I felt bad for him. He was doomed to the same fate as me.

**********

Uh oh! Danny's captured now too! I wonder how the two of them will survive....

Guess you'll have to keep reading as I update to find out ;)

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow!

Thanks! <3
-Aly