Chapter 4

ASHLEY'S POV

The bell rang and I went to find Danny. I was nervous about hanging out with him. I would have objected but my parents are on the whole "go out and make friends" kick. This might get them off my case. I called my mom to tell her and she seemed absolutely thrilled.

We were walking to Danny's house when he decided to start up a conversation. "Ashley, just to warn you my parents are a little strange. They're ghost hunters so don't be freaked out if they start talking about ghosts."

"Really? My parents are ghost hunters too." I was already an expert in the ghost field.

"Are you serious!?" Danny seemed surprised.

"Yeah. They're not very good though. They've never caught anything. They built a portal but it exploded before they got it working." I explained.

"My parents aren't very good either. They've caught a few ghosts but mostly Danny Phantom gets to them before they do." Danny spoke.

"Do you know who Danny Phantom is?" Sam questioned.

"I've heard of him. My parents want to catch him. They talk about him a lot." Not a lie. Since my mom saw his picture on my computer that's all she talked about.

"Yeah, my parents want to catch him too and then dissect him molecule by molecule." Danny laughed.

"That sounds absolutely fantastic." I laughed too.

We were at Danny's house. We went into the kitchen where Danny's parents were so that he could introduce them to me. I was immediately bombarded with a series of questions about ghosts. I felt really awkward.

"This is the new Fenton tracker! It can track down ghosts anywhere!" Jack announced showing us some sort of device. "You just turn it on and..." the device shot out two little green balls. One hit Danny and the other hit me. It burned my skin.

"Well that's not right." Danny's mom looked puzzled.

"Back to lab!" Jack shouted and took off.

"I'm really sorry about that." Danny apologized.

"It's fine." I looked down at my arm and it was scorched where the ball had hit me.

"My parents are always inventing stuff and they always seem to target me. It seems like you're a target now too." Danny laughed.

"Yeah." I laughed uncomfortably. This was really awkward.

Just then I saw a whisp of blue escape Danny's mouth. He looked alarmed. "Going" He shouted but then looked me. "Going to hide!" And he took off running.

"What was that?" I asked Tucker and Sam.

"It was...um...a spontaneous game of hide and seek! Go hide!" Sam said and then the two of them took off.

Weird. I thought. There was definitely something up with these guys. I didn't have time for another thought though because two figures came rising out of the floor. One was Danny Phantom and I didn't recognize the other.

"I am the Box Ghost!" the other figure shouted.

Well that solves that question. I thought. I watched as Danny Phantom shot streams of green from his hand and shouted a bunch of witty banter at the ghost. Then out of nowhere the Box Ghost disappeared. It looked like he was sucked into a thermos. Danny Phantom gave me an awkward glance and then disappeared through the ceiling.

"Are you ok?" Danny Fenton asked running into the room. "I heard a bunch of noise."

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied. I looked at Danny and started to think. Him and Danny Phantom looked an awful lot alike. They had the same hairstyle, the same voice, and the same body figure. You don't think? I questioned in my mind. He had to be Danny Phantom! I ran through all the information in my mind. It made perfect sense! I debated whether or not to ask him but decided not to. I wanted to get more information.

I checked my phone. "I have to get home. My mom needs help with something." I lied.

"Ok well see you later!" The three called to me as I left.

I ducked into an alley and went ghost. Time to get some dirt.

DANNY'S POV

Sam, Tucker, and I went up to my room. There was definitely something strange about that Ashley girl.

"Do you think she knows?" Tucker asked.

"I don't know. She got out of here pretty fast after the Danny Phantom incident." Sam put in.

"Don't you guys think it's weird how the Fenton Tracker hit her too?" I asked.

"So you're saying, you think she's a ghost too?" Sam spoke.

"That would make sense, right?" I said.

"Guess there's only one way to find out." Sam had a mischievous look on her face.

"Going ghost!" I shouted my signature battle cry and took off.

*********

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter as I hope you enjoy every chapter :)
Chapter 5 will be coming out shortly, within the next week.

Comment, vote, share, follow!

Thanks! <3
-Aly