Chapter 7

I woke unpleasantly. A large man grabbed me and forcefully pulled me from the ground. He handcuffed my hands and yanked me out the door. He pushed me along until we got to a room where he opened the door and shoved me down into a metal chair.

This room was different than any one I had ever been in before. It had carpet and painted walls. There was a big desk with files laid out on top. The leather chair behind the desk turned around and a man with black eyes stared me down.

"Your name is Ashley Rise?" He asked and I nodded.

"You are 15 years old?" I nodded again.

He paused for moment and looked down at the open file.

"How long have you had your ghost-like abilities?"

"One year." My voice squeaked from lack of using it.

"And how did you develop these abilities?" The man questioned.

I didn't answer. Not because I didn't know but because I didn't want to tell him.

"Are you going to answer me?" He demanded.

I shook my head.

"And why not?"

I still didn't answer.

"Do you not know?"

I stared at the floor.

The man was frustrated. He pushed a button and the large man who had brought me there appeared at the door. He grabbed me once again and pulled me back to my cell.

I tried to cry but no tears came. It was as if all the torture had numbed my sense of pain and loneliness. I couldn't even remember what it was like to have friends or a family. I was a robot.

I fell asleep sobbing tearless cries.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke on my own. It was unusual. There had never been a time since I'd been here that I wasn't forcefully awakened. I strained my ears to listen to the noises outside my cell but I couldn't hear anything. It was silent. I looked out my little window into the hallway but there was nothing.

Then I heard a crash.

**********

What do you think that crash was? Leave your guesses in the comments!

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow!
Thanks!<3
-Aly