Chapter 1- The Competition

(YO YO YO IF YOU LIKE AOT AND LEVI CHECK OUT MY STORY ITS CALLED
SOAR- LEVI X WINGED!READER THAT WOULD BE GR8 M8)

'Deep breaths (Name), deep breaths.'

Your chest rose and fell as you attempted to calm yourself down for your upcoming performance in the competition, the Grand Prix Final. You had practiced so much, but the weight of Japan's hopes for you and Yuuri to win made you doubt all that time you spent on the ice.

"(Name), you're up." You heard an out of breath and seemingly upset Yuuri say to you from the doorway to backstage. You looked up, your eyes showing worry but your smile saying you were ready. As you stood up and took off your jacket to reveal your costume, a purple and blue leotard with a flowing skirt with small sparkles sprinkled along it, you placed your hand on Yuuri's shoulder. The two of you had been friends and skating buddies ever since each of you were no more than 10. You knew that look he gave you when he came in meant he probably thought he did awful. You squeezed his shoulder lightly, giving a reassuring smile before heading out to the ice .

You glided onto the ice as you heard your name be announced by the commentators, your face nuetral as you attempted to seem confident

"And here we have (Name) (Last Name) representing Japan. This is her first debut on the Grand Prix ice, but we've heard good things, so we are expecting a lot!

You heard the music fade in, and you started to move your arms in a swirling motion, going along with the surreal and smooth notes that came out of the rink's speakers. You glided along the rink, and as you did so you zoned out, and let the music take over your mind, ignoring the gaping audience around you.

'Alright, here goes the first quad'

You kicked up, and sprung into the air in time with the music, landing with a slight wobble but still staying on your feet. You heard the audience clap through your wall of concentration, and that was enough to encourage you to give it all you've got. You sped across the ice, your skirt flowing behind you, shimmering just like the ice beneath your blades. It was at times like this that you felt alive.

As you soared into another leap, you couldn't help but notice that someone besides the audience was watching you...

~*~

You bowed and smiled, and then waved off to the audience as you glided away to backstage. When you entered the backstage area, you practically collapsed. You had held up for the entirety of your performance, but now you were letting go. You chuckled at yourself a little.

"(Name)!"

You looked up from your position of leaning on the door, panting a little. There was Yuuri, a large smile plastered on his face, a smile that contradicted his slightly red eyes that suggested he had been crying before. You assumed he didn't want to talk about it, and hence ignored it. You gave Yuuri a weak smile.

"Hey Yuuri, sorry about my presentation, I kinda just broke down." You shrugged. Yuuri was a lot more excited than you were.

"Are you kidding me (Name)?! That was amazing! It was way better than my disaster of a performance..." Yuuri said, his voice trailing off with dissapointment. You simply gave a happy sigh.

"Oh Yuuri, chin up," you said as you stood up straight again. "You didn't do much worse than I did. I stepped out of 3 of the 5 jumps in my program!" You exclaimed, putting your hands on each of Yuuri's shoulders, shaking him ever so lightly. Oh the amount of times you've done pep talks in such a similar way. Yuuri wasn't so convinced.

"I don't know, (Name). All I know is that you're really going to help boost Japan's score." He said. You sighed yet again. Well, that was the best you were going to get today. Out of the corner of your eye you saw a short blonde boy scoff and stomp away. 'O...K?' You thought. 'Wonder what his problem is'

You heard you and Yuuri's coach call from farther down the hallway, saying you had to go to catch the flight back home. You turned your head to Yuuri, a questioning smile on your lips. He smiled back, and the two of you head out of the rink, off to the airport to go back home to Hatsetsu.

~WHEW there it is my first chapter ever published. What a milestone, next step is getting noticed! If you liked this first chapter make sure to stay tuned for chapter 2 which will be up soon! :D I'll see ya later peeps~

-Liz