Chapter 15 - Grand Prix Final

(Ok folks, this is it. The last chapter(beside a bonus) of this story. It's been a good run, I've reached view and vote numbers I couldn't imagine getting. I remember texting my friends in excitement when I got 16 reads and 11 votes, but this, THIS, has made me happy and motivated to keep writing for this kind of weird but nonetheless great community. I've fallen into a habit of not updating very often, but I hope my literature can make up for it.

Aright then, enough with the oddly cheesy and sappy intro. Without further ado, I bring you~

The Grand Prix Final)

It was time.

You rushed to gather your things, pacing round and about through the hotel room as you collected your skates, costume, blade guards, water bottle, etc. Victor watched as you did so in amusement, already holding everything he needed. He'd asked to help you before, but you insisted on gathering everything yourself. You knew you'd go insane double checking, and you didn't want him to be involved with it.

"Ok, ready!" You said with a sigh, holding all the things you needed in your arms. Honestly, it wasn't too much, but your frazzled mind felt like you were carrying 200 pounds worth of stuff. You hobbled over to Victor.

"Here, let me help you with that." He said, reaching an arm out to you to take the large skating bag from your shoulder. With a smile, you shook it off you, and with that, you were off to the Grand Prix. As the car drove down the streets of Barcelona, your heart pounded with anxiety.
What if your nerves got the best of you? What if you can't win gold? What if Victor becomes disappointed in you?
These questions swirled in your mind the whole ride there, but when Victor placed his hand on yours, you calmed down a little.

When you arrived, you had relaxed enough to confidently step out of the car, facing the crowds with a smile. You wore your team jacket and leggings, hair and light makeup already done up for the performance. It felt like walking down the red carpet, your fans calling out to you ecstatically. As you waved and smiled, you realized your following had grown a lot since the year before. As you waved, you hoped to meet a few of them, and hopefully your new popularity could bring more good things with it.

That thought was blown out of your mind when the doors to backstage opened, revealing a world of agents and skaters all hanging around, stretching and preparing for the upcoming performance. To say the least, you were surprised at how calm everyone was. Victor walked right next to you, protecting you from hoards of reporters. You smiled sheepishly at everyone around you, not used to the immense amount of attention. When you found the changing rooms, you grabbed your costume out of your bag and hastily changed, catching a glance of yourself in the mirror before pulling your jacket back on but leaving it unzipped. You admired the ring in your finger happily, it's blue shine bringing you faith in yourself, knowing Victor would be there for you no matter the outcome of this competition.
Despite that fact, you were determined to win gold.

"This is it." You said to yourself.

Stepping out the door, Victor was leaning on the wall next to it, looking around with half lidded eyes and the slightest of smiles, one that only someone as close to him as you could notice. Admiring the sight of the handsome man in a suit standing in such a model esque pose for a second, you stepped closer.

"What're you thinking about? You're awfully quiet for something so exciting." You inquire, laying a hand on his arm. He blinked, seeing you next to him enough to make his smile grow and his eyes soften.

"Just thinking about the years before when I competed here. The energy is still the same." He said with a tiny laugh. He looked down at you again.

"However, nothing can compare to coming here to see you so beautiful." He said, and his voice dropped. You giggled and blushed, used to his flirting by now, but still appreciating the affection. You leaned in close to his face, so close that your noses touched and you could feel the hot breath on your skin, closing your eyes-