Chapter 16- The Banquet

(*emerges from grave* Oh right I have to finish this story)

(Break out the stripper poles everyone)

"Wooohoooo!!" Hollered an overexcited Minako, popping open a bottle of champagne without caring about the fizz. Casually, you ducked under the cork that flew by as you fixed your dress. Now that the Grand Prix was over, the celebrations were next, and you were more than happy to enjoy some leisure time with your fellow skaters.
Your dress was a dashing (f/c) gown with a fitting bodice and slightly flared skirt that brushed the ground daintily. The seam between the top and the skirt was lined with twinkling small silver gems, matching the sweetheart neckline with the same lining. Your shoes were simple silver 3 inch heels, with (second f/c) flower shaped studs on the ankle strap that matched your (second f/c) And silver necklace. To be honest, you felt like a princess. Just as you tugged up the strapless dress for the millionth time, Victor walked out of the bathroom and Yuuri out of the second room, each dressed in dashing suits, Victor having taken the consideration of matching his pocket square to your dress. In the back of your mind you couldn't help but be reminded of his knack for style.

"Ok, let's not be late." Yuuri said, fiddling with his jacket sleeves. You smiled at his usual antsyness, leading Minako out the door and away from the alcohol. For now at least.

Once your ride stopped in front of the banquet entrance, Victor stepped out to hold his hand out for you, helping you out of the car with a gentlemanly smile. You nearly melted under his gentle gaze, feeling his eyes fully admire your dressy appearance for the first time in the soft evening light. Yuuri and Minako hopped out as well, and as a group you all walked in to be greeted by music, laughter, and the smell of fancy snacks.

"Well, here we are again!" You chimed, gripping onto Victor's hand tighter in excitement, glancing at Yuuri as well knowing his was quite a step up from the last time he had gone. He was more focused on taking everything in, a dazed smile forming on his face. Minako grinned, leading him further into the establishment by the arm.
Looking back at Victor, you gradually let go of his hand and stepped forward.

"I'm going to catch up with Mila, but I'll meet you soon." You said happily.

"Go on, mingle!" He said with a star smile. He was more than excited to be with you at the banquet he knew he'd help you get to. For a long time he'd admired you occasionally from afar, but now, he looked at you thinking
'that's my student, that's my skater, that's my fiancé.' The sheer fact he could tell that to himself was enough to split his cheeks with joy. Though, as amazing as you were to him, he knew he could just stare and think about you the whole night. So, off he went to talk with the others. The press members dotting the room seemed more than interested in him as well.

You made a beeline to see your friend yet again, a squeal slowly growing in your throats as you joined the small group of girls she was with.

"Milaaa!" You cheered as you outstretched your arms to embrace your friend. She was clad with red lipstick and a classic tight black mermaid cut dress, decorated with silver jewelry. An eye catcher indeed. Her eyes brightened as she saw you, the two of you coming together with dopy smiles. It's was almost bizarre how close the two of you felt as friends, but hey, you weren't complaining. You bonded a lot with her over the short time. As you speperated, you held her at arms length to admire her appearance.

"You look incredible! The lip color is working wonders." You gushed in a manner you could only identify as the girly ritual of "look analyzing". Or, something.

"So do you! My god, I almost feel underdressed!" She replied, bringing a hand to her hip. You let out a sigh.

"God, I can't believe I'm here again, with gold no less." You looked around the room as you spoke, taking it in. Mila nodded.

"Yeah, its funny isn't it? Seems like just a repeat, but you know so much has changed. I must say, I'm not complaining about silver!" She giggled. You laughed with her, thinking about what she said.
The past year had been...a year alright. One day you were seeing Yuuri again for the first time in ages. By the next, your skating idol was asleep in the living room. The weekend came and tada! You had a new coach! Not too long after a new boyfriend- neigh- fiancé by your side. Now you're here, with gold around your neck and the most valuable thing under your belt, memories and experiences you'll never forget and remember every day.
As you stood there on the side of what was now a dance floor in the banquet hall, the sound faded out. You just...thought. Reminisced, whatever you'd like to call it. All you knew was, you were at peace.

"Let's dance everyone!"

Huh. Guess not for long.

Snapping out of your overly sentimental thoughts, you joined the crowd of people stepping onto the floor to dance with each other to the upbeat classical music. You and Mila swung arms and spun around, laughing at each other's attempts to be smooth through the whole song. Eventually, you made your way back to Victor, whom you spotted at the other side of the floor, having a ball with Minako and Yuuri.

"You guys look like you're having fun." You joked, bringing your arm to Victor as you eyes Minako and Yuuri dancing about, tripping occasionally over each other but laughing anyways. Soon they disappeared into the crowd once more, and you took to taking in Victor's presence for a moment in he midst of the craziness.

Suddenly, Your attention was turned to the sound of a holler, the same went with everyone else. What was there before you was enough to shatter your smile as you simply thought-

"Oh...Oh nO."

The dance floor had been cleared, making way for a wackily dancing Yuuri. Frankly, you weren't surprised;just glad he hadn't stripped yet. A small sigh of relief escaped your lips, but yet again your peace was disturbed as said drunk pulled your arms into the middle of the floor, all eyes on you as the music continued to play loudly.

"Cc-c'mon (Y/n)! Dance with meeee~!" Urged Yuuri, bumping into you as he sloppily swung his hips. Your eyes darted about as you tried to think of a way to handle the situation- but in a moment of sheer I-don't-give-a-f**kery, your mind went "screw it" and you gripped the beam near you and soun around it, the skirt of your dress flowing around you like silly water as you let out a hoot. Yuuri seemed more than pleased, and Minako followed suite.
Soon enough the entire room was dancing like they had taken a shot to much, still all circled around you and your friends. As you jumped around and popped your hips to the beat, lifting your skirt to make way for your feet, Victor smoothly glided behind you, placing his hands on your hips to announce his presence. You let out a small noise of surprise, coming back to reality as you felt his fingers on your waist grip you firmly. Before you could mutter a word to him, you saw his signature grin flash before your eyes before your feet were lifted from the ground. Unprepared but still high off the excitement, you decided to make the most of it, posing dramatically like you would if you were doing a duet out on the ice. The other skaters whooped at the sight of the happy couple, and you laughed some more at the absurdity of such a thing happen at a supposedly sophisticated event. With a final spin you were lowered, greeted by a cheeky Victor still holding you close. You smiled softly back at him, happy as could be.

"SMILE EVERYONE!!" Screeched Minako, stretching her arm as far as she could to get the group of performers all in frame. Everybody posed and cheered, and a second later the flash filled the room.

~*~

Thank you guys, so much

Till the next story! 😄