Chapter Three|Tears [Edited]

There was pin-drop silence in the car as Amadan looked out the window, in anger. Vincent, as usual, had adorned a blank face. And she was sitting between them, bored. She felt like a third wheel between the two lovers. She groaned and leaned her head back, her eyes closing and her head slowly dropping on to Vincent's shoulder. Amadan immediately pulled Zara up and made her sit; her eyes flying open.

"Do you think he's your bed?" Amadan screamed while Zara looked around the car in confusion.

"Sorry", she muttered out and looked out the window in embarrassment.

"Why is it taking so long? Where is it? Has someone stolen my house!?" Zara yelled as the other two stared at her weirdly, not being able to understand her nonsense. "I think someone has stolen my house", Zara, in complete seriousness, stated.

"Zara no one can steal the house itself", Vincent spoke calmly. A few moments later, she slowly nodded her head in yes and looked out to find her house.

"Does she always spew out nonsense in her sleep?" Amadan asked, annoyed and Vincent shrugged his shoulder, when, out of nowhere, Zara began crying and they snapped their heads towards her.

"I miss my family so much. I want to go back. This place is so boring, especially my office and my boss!" Zara confessed.

"Hey-"' Vincent tried to defend himself but she cut him off with her rant,

"First of all, my office is so boring. Blank. White. That's so dull! I am already bored with it and it has only been a week. They need to change the decor and make the office more interesting!

"They should paint the outside of the building a classy navy blue colour. Inside, on the sides of the entrance, pink wallpaper with flowers on it and purple wallpaper with umbrellas on it should be displayed—not white! And, imagine, flowers in vases at the entrance. It is a magazine company so it should be colourful. Not boring like our boss", she grumbled at the end.

She continued on though, "Even the employees of the company are nerds, except a few I think, and most of them are men! All they talk about is work, even at lunch So. bloody. boring". She stopped her heated tirade as soon as the car came to a stop, jumping over Vincent to get out, leaving the rest in shock.

"Have a nice weekend sir", she screamed back as Vincent sighed.

"Pink and purple wallpapers? That girl is crazy", Amadan noted while Vincent nodded his head at the driver to drive away.

❤️❤️❤️

Zara stepped out of the taxi and looked at the building in front of her, perplexed.

"I think you have dropped me off at the wrong place", Zara turned to the driver yet he shook his head in no.

"It is the right place. Shine Magazine", the driver asserted and Zara looked at the words above the establishment. The driver was right.

But the building in front of her had left its muted white colour for a deep navy blue. Zara, still trying to understand the changes, entered the building when pink and purple wallpapers and the piney floral scent of fresh lavender hit her. A smile graced her face and she knew exactly where to go. With quick strides, she moved towards his office and, without knocking, she entered.

"Sir, have you seen the beautiful wallpapers at the entrance? Oh! And the lavenders? Now, this is a dream office", Zara chirped out.

He glanced up at her gratified expression and said, "Zara. You forget to knock"

Her smile dropped.

"Get out and come back after knocking at the door", Vincent commanded. She slowly nodded her head in yes, still in shock at his words, and turned around and walked out. Tears had already started forming in her eyes at the humiliation. Controlling the building urge to cry, she knocked at the door this time before walking in.