Chapter Eighteen| Less Painful Lie

Zara slowly opened the door and came out from her room then started walking. It had been a few days since that incident and they had not talk to each other since then. He was giving her silence treatment which was getting little annoying for Zara. She stopped in front of  huge door and sighed. Then gaining courage in herself she moved her hand and knocked on it. Then she opened the door and slowly entered inside the room. Vincent looked up towards her from the file which he was reading while sitting on his study table which was located at a side of his room. She looked at him then slowly walked towards him. She stopped in front of him while he looked away back towards the file with blank face. She fiddles with her fingers while looking at him and they stayed still on their place in the silence.

'What do you want Zara?' Vincent asked while breaking the silence and first time they looked up towards each other.

'I was thinking to start working from home.' Zara said and Vincent closed away the file

'Why?' Vincent  asked .

'I don't know. I am just suddenly really annoyed and don't want to work anymore. The reason I start working was to forget the past......' Zara was saying but she stopped while biting down on her tongue whereas that got Vincent attention. He stayed still while waited for her to continued

'I am just bored of it. I don't want to work. So I will try to work from home if I could.' Zara said while changing the topic whereas Vincent disappointed sighed for her changing the topic.

'Okay. That is fine with me. I will find your replacement soon.' Vincent said while opening back the file and she looked towards him

'You mean you will hire someone else on my place.' Zara said and he looked up towards him.

'Yeah....we called that Replacement.' Vincent said like a something really simple whereas she was seriously looking at him.

'No....you can't replace me in your life. So don't use the word replacement.' Zara said whereas Vincent looked at her then closed the file in his hand. Throw it with a bang on a table and stood up.

'I can replace you in my life. Why you think I can't?' Vincent asked coldly while looking at her and she sighed

'I know you can but I don't want you to.' Zara said and Vincent looked at her then looked away

'If you are done you can go.' Vincent said while turning over when she spoke up

'Are still upset over what happen few days back? For God Sake Vincent it was just a kiss.' Zara screamed getting annoyed because she was sick and annoyed from his silence treatment.

'Kiss was not a problem Zara but your behaviour is.' Vincent screamed while turning over towards her and she jumped over her place while he was glaring at her.

'One second you are fine and nothing is wrong between us but then not second you act like we are strangers. I don't get it what is it that you want.' Vincent screamed

'Nothing is wrong with my behaviour. All I want you is to stick with your contact....stick with your promise.' Zara screamed back while they both were looking dead in each other eyes.

'Okay, Fine if that is your choice then you will get it. I won't ever will try to make our marriage work again.' Vincent said while trying away to other side while Zara also sighed

'You can go now.' Vincent said after few seconds and she nodded her head then without a word turned over to walk out when Vincent spoke up.

'I am going on a business trip. Be ready you are going with me.' Vincent asked while stopping her and they both looked back at each other.